Search for content in message boards

Yadkin Co. Freeman's

Yadkin Co. Freeman's

Becky (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2003 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Freeman
Hi I have been searching my Freeman line that by l860 located in Yadkin Co. NC. My gg grandfather was William H. Freeman b. about l8l8 married to Hannah Dunn Freeman b. l8l8. I need to find info on their son Spinks Freeman married to Emeline Shore, I am almost sure he remained in Yadkin Co. Also. there was in the l840 census of Surry a James Freeman Deep Creek Dist and a William Freeman, Huntsville Dist. that is now in Yadkin Co. Nc. Does anyone have any info on these families. From what I have learned they lived close to the Forsyth Co. NC line. Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks, Becky gbadue@cablenet-va.com

Re: Yadkin Co. Freeman's

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 4:33AM GMT
Hi Becky,

Spinks and Emeline are buried in Swan Creek Baptist Church Cemetery near Jonesville, Yadkin County, NC. The markers read: "Spinks Freeman 1848-1943" and "Emeline Freeman 1848-1931". The markers are in excellent condition and easily read.

I'll have to check with my Mom who remembers Spinks but I believe they lived at one time near my grandparents' farm on the Wilkes County side of the Yadkin-Wilkes line.

Spinks' daughter Betty (b. abt 1878) was the 3rd wife of my great grandfather Enoch A. Osborne. Enoch and Betty (m. abt. 1905 in Spinks' home) had daughters Grace and Jane.

I also show a second daughter for Spinks and Emeline: Sarah Lula Freeman (b. abt 1888). Sarah Lula married James W. Osborne (1887-1911) and had 3 children: Rosa J. (b. 1905), Grace S. (b. 1907) and Huey Glenn (1909-1991).

Kevin

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 6:11AM GMT
Becky--after posting my first reply it occurred to me that Spinks should be in the 1930 census. Check out Sheet 10B (page 20 of 28), ED 97-16, New Castle Township, Wilkes County, NC, lines 54-57. Spinks and Emeline (shown as ages 86 and 80) are living with daughter Sarah L. Cook (listed as age 40, by 1930 widowed by James Osborne and Harrison Cook) and with 20 yr old grandson Hugh G. Osborn.

Kevin Cheek
Fairfax Station, VA

Libby Smith (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2003 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Shore-Freeman
From Yadkin Co. marriages:
Husband: William FREEMAN
Wife: Hannah

1 M Spinks FREEMAN
Spouse: Emmaline SHORE (Abt 1851-
Marr. Date: Nov 1871 - Yadkin Co., NC
Married: 27 Dec 1849 Place: Surry Co., NC

Father: John Calvin SHORE
Born: Abt 1831 - Surry Co. NC
Died: June `6 1862 - Univ of VA Hospital Charlottesville VA
Buried: Civil War Cemetery - VA
Married: 27 Dec 1849 Place: Surry Co., NC
Wife: Hattie Almedia HOWELL
Born: Abt 1831
Died: 9 Nov 1913
Buried: Swan Creek Baptist Ch - Jonesville, Yadkin Co., NC
Father: Robert HOWELL (Abt 1782-1862)
Mother: Rebecca HUNT (Abt 1785- )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sure you will find more on the Freeman family. I do not have anything more on them at this time. John Calvin Shore was my g-g-grandfather. If any one knows the names of his parents of other ancestors, please let me know We think his name was William Shore.
Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.