Search for content in message boards

HARVEY family of Hamlin

HARVEY family of Hamlin

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 2:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HARVEY
I'm looking for information on Frank and Wilma HARVEY, their descendants and ancestors. Frank and Wilma were both born about 1916-1920 and their last known address was in Hamlin. Frank's parents were George Harvey and Emily Rowe. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HARVEY family of Hamlin

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 2:37PM GMT
The Social Security death index has a Frank Harvey born 1 January 1916, and dying 12 May 1991. That agrees with our Life Records death notice saying that there is an obit in the local papers for Mr. Harvey at that time. The SSDI also has as entry or a Wilma Harvey in Hamlin, born 8 Jan 1919, and dying 19 Dec 1986. She also is listed in the library's Life Records site. Those obits may give descendants and their relation to the couple.

The 1920 census has the family of George Harvey listed as living in Carlton, Orleans County. This is very near to Hamlin, which abuts Orleans county on the east. George is listed in the WW I draft registrations as being born in England, and having a wife and two children. George is listed as either being 26 or 36, and born in England. Emily as being 25. Young Frank is 4, along with a younger daughter.

The 1915 state census of Carlton has:
CLARK, GLENN C. 37 HEAD USA BLACKSMITH D2-P 13
MAUDE E. (BAYNE) 36 WIFE USA HOUSEWORK
DENTON R. 16 SON USA SCHOOL
CORAL E. 14 DAU USA SCHOOL
WAYLON B. 2 SON USA
HARVEY, GEORGE W. 22 SERVANT ENGLAND FARM LBR.

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 4:36PM GMT
Thanks so much for all of that information! You mention the library's Life Records site - which library is that? I can't wait to pay it a visit!

Thanks again for all your help,
Ellen

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 7:14PM GMT
Bates Road Cemetery Town of Ridgeway Orleans County NY

Harvey, Emily 1894-4/18/1966 died-Albion, NY 1st wife of George W

Harvey, George 1893-9/9/1968 died in Frederick, Md. Husband of Emily and Jean

George W 36
Emily 36
Frank 14
Dorothy 13
Pearl 7
They had been married about 15 years.

Kathy

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 8:36PM GMT
We are the Rochester Public Library, in downtown Rochester, 115 South Avenue, Rochester 14604. We look forward to seeing you.

The Rochester Genealogical Society has volunteers that are scheduled on Monday nights and Saturday. They are always glad to help people with their research.

Life Records is a one million name index to local BMD's from ca. 1960 to 2009. http://www2.libraryweb.org/index.asp?custom=liferecords&... should work. If not, try this one:
http://www3.libraryweb.org/lh.aspx?id=477

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 9:48AM GMT
One of my Uncles married a HARETT HARVEY Her Father was Henry (Hank). They lived in Ontario Co NY any connections?

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 2:48PM GMT
Uncles name? Possible dates?

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 4:11PM GMT
HI Kathy,

Thanks so much for that information. In addition to the useful information supplies by members of this community, I've discovered some very helpful websites.

Many thanks,
Ellen

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 4:13PM GMT
I'm not sure if there is a connection. I haven't come across a Henry or Harrett in my family of Harveys yet, but my research is in its infancy at this point. Do you have approximate birth dates (or years) for your Henry and Harrett?

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 4:21PM GMT
I'm not sure if there is a connection. I haven't come across a Henry or Harrett in my family of Harveys yet, but my research is in its infancy at this point. Do you have approximate birth dates (or years) for your Henry and Harrett?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.