Search for content in message boards

watters family tree

watters family tree

gaynor watters (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: watters, hazelton, kelso
Robert John Watters born 1895 Magheralamfield townland, nr Cookstown, father William Thomas Watters, mother Agnes Kelso.
Father of William Thomas Watters was William Watters
Mother was Susanna Hazelton.

Watters of Mountjoy- email changed

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2002 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Watters, Kelso, Hazelton, Whiteside
My father-in-law was Robert John Watters born 1895 Magheralamfield townland, Parish Clonoe. Father was William Thomas Watters, mother Agnes Kelso from Ballybeg.
Grandfather was William Watters, grandmother Susanna Hazelton.
Any information accepted gladly.
Sincerely Gaynor Watters

Re: watters family tree

Posted: 3 Jan 2007 12:15AM GMT
My name is John Watters and I ccome from the LowerBack Stewartstown Co.Tyrone. I went to school with Isobel Watters from Mountjoy which was quite close to us. I have a William Watters married to Suzann Hazelton with an address in my townland Lower Back They had children, Simon Hazelton Watters b.1841,Robert John Watters b.1849, William Thomas Watters b.1843, Anne Elizabeth Watters b.1846 married Henry Shepherd, Susan Watters, b.1851, David Watters b.1854, Mary Martha Watters born 1858, Maggie Watters b.1861 These are all listed as born in Lower Back. I also have a William Thomas Watters married to Agnes Kelso with a family, Suzan Watters born 1887, Wm Henry Watters b.1888, Simon Barton Watters b.1890, David Hazelton Watters b.1891James Albert Watters b. 1893, Francis Mabel Watters b 1890Susan Watters b 1897 My Grandfather was John Watters married to Sarah Louisa White. They had 11 children William, Hugh, Charles Leslie, Robert, Ethel Rebecca, Maud Sarah Jane all left Ireland, mostly USA and Canada. Maud definitely went to Winnepeg in Canada and Married a mr. Alexander Ella, john,Kennedy, Agnes,stayed in Ireland. Kennedy was my father

Regards.
My e-mail address is john.watters12@ntlworld .com

Posted: 15 Mar 2007 5:46PM GMT
hi there i wondered if any of your watters came from scotland i have 1 marion watters in greenock scotland margaret

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Watters
Hi Margaret: I have traced what I think is my side of the Watters (Waters)family from Scotland. *William Watters (1644)in Inveresk Scotland - married Elizabeth Gurela. They had six children; on of them being *Archibald (1673)born in Newton, Scotland. Archibald married Elizabeth Aittken and then Agnes Smaill. He and Elizabeth had 5 children; on of them being *William. *William (1699/1705)Newton Scotland - died 2/16/1763 in Halifax Cty., Virginia. William married Elizabeth Robertson 6/22/1722 in Liberton Midlothian, Scotland and then he married Margaret Petrie. He and Elizabeth had eith children - on of them being **Thomas. **Thomas 1733/1736 born in South Leith, Scotland and died in 1796 in Pittsylvania Cty., Virginia; he married Lucy Walker in 1752 - Halifax Cty., VA. They had seven children - one of them being *Archibald (1764) in Virginia - he died 1806 in Pittsylvania Cty., VA. *Archibald married Elizabeth Richards in 1788. They had 8 children; on of them being **William (before 1809). **William (1794 ?)He died in June 1854 and is buried in the Berry Cemetery, Big Sandy, TN. He married Sarah Saunders in 1819 and they had 9 children; **John Armstrong being one of them (8/1/1837 - 4/11/1894). He is buried in the Berry Cemetery, Big Sandy, TN; servied in the US Civil War, Co. E 6th Tennessee Cavalry. He married Rebecca Jane Parkenson 12/6/1857. He first married Rebecca then married Nancy Allen. He and Nancy had 8 children; one of them being **Harvey Harrison Waters who was my grandfather. Harvey married Della French and they had 8 children; on of them being Armon Watson Waters - my father. I hope this helps you and most of all I hope my Scottish findings are correct. They seem to be with all the dates, etc. I do have proof of Archibald (born before 1764), William (1794 ?) and John Armstrong. Please feel free to contact me at Fayegrimes@boddienoell.com.

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Walters-Watters of Scotland-VA, GA & TEXAS
Hello, Cuz Faye; Oct 12, 2008
The early Watters/Walters in Scotland to VA & GA are my original family, Apparently some of them went to TN when mine went to AL-MS then on to Texas over the years arriving there at Nacogdosches in late 1835 where they took up land in the immediate area of Nacogdosches, Cherokee, & Smith Cos. Would love to discuss this with you, for the purposes of mutual enlightenment Re: our Walters back-ground & history. When ready, fire away! This will be very interesting!!

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Walters-Watters of Scotland-VA, GA & TEXAS
Hello, Cuz Faye; Oct 12, 2008
The early Watters/Walters in Scotland to VA & GA are my original family, Apparently some of them went to TN when mine went to AL-MS then on to Texas over the years arriving there at Nacogdosches in late 1835 where they took up land in the immediate area of Nacogdosches, Cherokee, & Smith Cos. Would love to discuss this with you, for the purposes of mutual enlightenment Re: our Walters back-ground & history. When ready, fire away! This will be very interesting!! Merkel Walters mertiger2@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.