Search for content in message boards

Joseph Wigginton, b. 1851 Marion Co., AL

Joseph Wigginton, b. 1851 Marion Co., AL

Chandler Eavenson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wigginton, Brown, Goss
Seek to identify descendants of Joseph Wigginton, born 1851 in Marion Co., AL, married Savannah Brown. Their children included Mary, Julia, Aquala, Leona and Joseph, Jr., all born in Choctaw Indian Nation except Mary who was born in Marion Co., AL. Joseph, Sr. died in Choctaw Nation. Savannah Brown was daughter of John Brown (died 1863 at battle of Chickamauga) and Mary Elizabeth Goss.

Re: Joseph Wigginton, b. 1851 Marion Co., AL

Posted: 5 May 2005 2:48AM GMT
Where did you get your info regarding Joseph's death/location.I also had a relative who was in Choctaw and had a son named Joseph, born 1853,Marion Co.,Alabama
I was told they lived in Poteau and my William Fielding Wigginton was buried there, as was his wife,Sarah F. Harrell. They left after the Civil War with her parents.(see query Fielding Wigginton. Does this sound like your Joseph? Even still, will you share your info,resources. I have been unable to get anything from Ok. records,esp Choctaw. Thanks.

son,Joseph, born 1853,Marion Co., Alabama

Chandler Eavenson (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2005 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: Eavenson-Goss-Brown-Wigginton
Info on Wiggintons came from the book "Genealogies of the Clark, Parks, Brockman, Dean, Davis and Goss families in Five Parts" by Henry William Clark, published 1905 in Montgomery, AL.Priscilla Eavenson (1825-before 1850) of Elbert Co., GA married Rev. William Raburn Goss in 1841. Their daughter Mary Elizabeth Goss married 1st to John Brown 1860 in AL. He born 1833 Marion Co., AL. He was killed 1863 at battle of Chickamauga. They had one daughter, Savannah Brown, born 1861 in Marion Co., who married Joseph Wigginton, born1851 in Marion Co. and died as resident of Choctaw Nation. Their 5 children were Mary, b. 1880 Marion Co.; Julia, b. 1881 Choctaw Nation; Aquala, b. 1883 Choc.Nat.;Leona, b. 1885 Choc.Nat.;and Joseph, Jr., b.1890 Choc. Nat. Would like to identify descendants of these Wiggintons. My e-mail yonahdells@alltel.net.

Posted: 22 Oct 2005 12:36AM GMT
Wanted to let you know that Joseph is listed in the 1920 census, Hill, Texas with family. In the 1930 census , same location, only Savannah and Mary are listed. They also have Joseph Jr? listed as a daughter in the 1910 census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.