Search for content in message boards

Kemp in Perthshire,Scotland

Kemp in Perthshire,Scotland

Posted: 14 Dec 2002 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kemp, McCowan, Wood, Kemp
Janet Kemp was born around 1816 in Monzievaird, Perth,Scotland and married Alexander McCowan(born around 1814) in 1841 in Comrie,Perth,Scotland. They had at least 3 children(per family letters and death certificate info), James McCowan, daughter known as Maggie and another daughter whose name is not known. Maggie McCowan (born 1858) came to US in 1887 and married George Wood, who came over to Neosho, MO in 1884 from Edinburgh area (but born in Cranshaws, Berwickshire). George and Maggie were sweethearts in Edinburgh area. Janet died 6 Mar 1897 at age 81. Her father appears as James Kemp and mother's name looks like Mary Storie on the death certificate, though it is in small cursive writing. Alexander died on 18 July 1889 Alexander's father is shown as Peter McCowan and wife's maiden name was McNab per info given by son James on death certificate. Per their death certificates and 1881 census they lived on Dalginross Main Street in Comrie, Perth. Anyone who might have knowledge of this family, please let me know. I have info on their descendents that I will share.

Re: Kemp in Perthshire,Scotland

Judy Green (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 12:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kemp/Christie/Kay
Not sure if it's the same family but I have a great grandfather, James Kemp, who was born in Monzievaird (Perthshire) in ?1840 - he migrated to Australia in 1865. I have his parents as William Kemp of Locherlour Farm and Jane Christie. James married Jessie Kay (b ?1846) from Comrie, Perthshire. If any relationship to the Kemps in Perthshire that you have knowledge of I'd appreciate any info you would care to share

Judy Green
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.