Search for content in message boards

Galloway

Posted: 3 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: Galloway, Huneycutt

I am looking to find out where my family came from...and this is the most promising site. Nothing known how and when my ancestors came to the U.S. Settled in Kentucky first, married into Cherokee indian tribe - trail of tears into Oklahoma and Arizona - great grandfather was Noah Galloway, grandfather was Albert Henry Galloway, father was Dallas Galloway.

thanks!

Re: Galloway

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 4:18AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Galloway/Malone
Would you, by chance, have any connections to :
Floyd Ernest Galloway
b. Oct. 11, 1907 in Necessity, Stephens County,
TX
m. Florence Emma Malone
b. Dec 19, 1909 in Blair, Taylor County, TX

????

Posted: 23 Dec 2001 6:24AM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2005 1:12AM GMT
I too am looking for Galloways in the Oklahoma area. My grandmother Aubrey and her sister Mildred were adopted by Galloways in Chickasha Oklahoma.Indian territory near Ok City.Aubrey worked as a maid on a ranch there Reinauer I believe.

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2002 8:51PM GMT
Dear Teri,
I know that Dallas's father, Henrie Albert, was son of Noah Huneycutt of Stanley County, NC, and Noah's father was Edmund.
This is so confusing sometimes and quite exasperating.
Donna

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2002 8:53PM GMT
Dear Pamela,
I know my family lived in New Mexico on the Indian reservation there for 2-3 years; not really any OK connection. We were also in AR for a time before settling back again in north West Texas.
My love and prayers are with you,
Donna

Posted: 29 Dec 2002 6:28AM GMT
hi just noticed that you said you were a galloway from new mexico and ar.dont know much because my mom passed but i know i have relitives in bouth areas my grandma is
vonnie i also know that somewhar whay back thar was a fanny and a doss galloway my mother judy galloway was born
in new mexico any info woulde be gratley appr.

Posted: 29 Dec 2002 6:28AM GMT
hi just noticed that you said you were a galloway from new mexico and ar.dont know much because my mom passed but i know i have relitives in bouth areas my grandma is
vonnie i also know that somewhar whay back thar was a fanny and a doss galloway my mother judy galloway was born
in new mexico any info woulde be gratley appr.

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 8:49AM GMT
Surnames: Kight, Galloway, Huie, Jones,
My mother was Blanch Alma Galloway, Her father was William Barry Galloway, born in Alabama. His father was Reese Bowen Galloway, he was born in North Carolina, he married Mary Patterson, she had a brother by the name of Pat Patterson, Reese and Mary died when my grandfather was young and he was raised by Pat. Pat had two sons.
I have been searching for more information. William died in 1946 in Klamath Falls, Oregon, he was married to Jennie H. Jones, Galloway. He had 6 children of which 4 are dead. My mother died January 1st, 1991. If you have any thing that goes with this please feel free to let me know.
I would love to hear from someone that is searching also.
I have been to Stevenson, Alabama, but did not find anything.
Hope this helps.
Willie Faye Kight Woolsey(Mother Alma Galloway Kight)

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 2:36AM GMT
My great grandfather was Noah Galloway. He married Elizabeth Spangler and they had four children named Allen, Argie, Earle, and Ila. Does any of this sound familiar. Please e-mail me at ljohnson@certified-plastaic-surg.com. Thanks.

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Galloway
Your post was so long ago, I don't know if you will ever see this. I am your mother's cousin, Vonnie's niece. My father, Doss Galloway was your grandmother Vonnie's sister. Vonnie had one other brother, Emery, and one sister, Evelyn. Emery had no children, was married to Betty, they adopted one son, Charlie. Evelyn was married to Jim Bogle and they had three children - Ricky, Rex and Sherry. I don't know where they are now. The last I knew, Jim Bogle was still alive, but Evelyn died sometime before Vonnie. I have one brother - Lee and he has one son, Guy. Lee is in Monument, Colorado and Guy is in Houston, Texas. My mother's name was Bernetta, but was called Betty as well. Doss (my father) passed away in 1962 and my mother passed away last August. The only other direct relations to you that I am aware of is Pam. I haven't seen Pam since she was about 9 or 10 years old - the last time I saw Judy or Vonnie.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.