Search for content in message boards

Engadine area surnames

Engadine area surnames

Keli Spears Copeland (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: OZANICH, MIHELCIC, KLOBACHER, LESATZ, PLESE, OBRANOVICH, BOLF
OZANICH family arrived Engadine area about 1914 from Calumet MI. (Croatia>Calumet MN> Calumet MI)

Jacob OZANICH b. ABT 1851 Croatia, wife Agnes KLOBACAR b. abt 1851 d. 1899. (married in Croatia in 1876).

Children of Jacob and Agnes OZANICH include: Mathew m. Barbara MIHELCIC 1910; Tony; Anna m. John KLOBUCHER; Frances m. John LESATZ; Joe m. Antonia; Veronica m. Tony PLESE.

Barbara MIHELCIC's mother Klara OBRANOVICH, Klara's mother's line BOLF.

Would love to share information for any of these surnames!

Engadine area surnames

Posted: 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 4:21PM GMT
Descendants of the Ozanich and Lesatz family still live in the Engadine area of Mackinac county. They are listed in either St Ignace or Newberry phone books. Both are business owners.

Engadine Area Surnames

Pat Hillebrand (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ozanich
I am looking for ancestors of Carl Ozanich who I believe was born in 1916. Family would have originated in Calumet MI. Any relation to the Engadine area family?

Re: Engadine area surnames

Gary Ozanich (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 4:40PM GMT
As you can see my last name is Ozanich. My father and his brothers & sisters were born in Engadine. Their father (my grandfather & grandmothers) name were Joe and Antonia. Antonia died around 1957. My fathers name was Casimer, he passed about 4yrs ago. Many Ozanich's still living in this area. I believe we are talking about the same family from Engadine.
E-mail me, would luv to find more history about all our family.

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 6:46PM GMT
Hi, Gary. . .just to let you know that I am also doing our family research--your grandfather, Joe, was my grandfather, Matt's, brother. Sherry

Posted: 18 Jul 2004 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2005 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Lesatz, Oznich
Hello,
I would love to have you e-mail me about the family of Oznich and Lesatz family. My Uncles Parents names are John Lesatz and Francis Oznich. I have a list of all the children that lived in that family. My mothers sister married a Lesatz and are still living in Engadine, I am doing some of their family tree as I write to you. I would like to get any information on John Lesatz or Francis Oznich parents so that I can give them another generation. Hope to hear from you soon.

Peggy Smith

Re: Engadine Area Surnames

Posted: 15 Aug 2004 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2005 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Oznich
Hello;

I have some surnames of Oznich from Engadine who is related to my Uncle. If interested e-mail me back

Peggy Smith

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 4:41AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2005 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Oznicks
I have relation to Oznicks in the Engadine area. My Uncle's Mother last name was of that. e-mail me and I will look up my records to see if I have the name you are looking for.

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 12:19PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2005 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: O'Neil, Bruce, Boucha, Elliott, Dickinson
I also have family from the Engadine area. I was just up there last weekend at the Garfield Cemetary taking some pics of headstones. The surnames in my family are O'Neil, Bruce, Dickinson, Boucha. I am also interested in connecting with someone from Cecil Elliott's family. If anyone wants info on the surnames I listed, let me know and we can share. If anyone has info on any of these families, please email me. Thanks.

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 2:34AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2005 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: O'Branovich
Saw your posting and an interested in your O'Branovich connection from Croatia. My maternal great-grandfather was Michael O'Branovich b: 27 Sept 1882 in Croatia d: 1968 in PA, USA

By chance, any connection???

Thanks & take care,
Nancy Gibson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.