Search for content in message boards

John and Lucinda Thomas- Browning

John and Lucinda Thomas- Browning

Posted: 13 May 2009 1:15AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Browning and Thomas
Hello- Could anyone please tell me where John and Lucinda Browning are buried. We thought they would be in the Browning family cemetery in Leslie County but there is no record of them there. Thank you very much.
Barb Hall

Re: John and Lucinda Thomas- Browning

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Browning,Cress,Miller,Thomas
John and Lucinda are my great great grandparents. I own the location where they homesteaded in 1853 in wooton. We have been trying to find where they went. An old family story is that John died on a trip to grayhawk around 1885. My greatgrandfather Daniel Browning paid taxes on the land in the 1880s. We can track everyone but John and Lucinda. They seem to have dissappeared. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 10:01PM GMT
Hi- I just found a census from 1900 Knox County, Missouri that reads-

John Browning b. Mar 1828 age 72 Ky Ky Ky married 48 yrs
Lucy J. Nov 1831 68 Ky Ky Ky
Jessie Montagne Mar 1891 10 Mo Ky Ky [grandaughter]
Do you think this could be them? Thanks
Barb Hall

Posted: 17 Aug 2010 7:47PM GMT
Thanks Barb, I will look further into this. You know how some census data could have been eroneous. John was born 1824 and was the son of Jacob Browning born 1791 in washington co. Va. and John settled in Harlan County Kentucky at Martin's Fork. His wife Lucinda (Lucy) was a Thomas. They married in 1843 so the years of marriage may be incorrect in the 1900 census. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help with this topic. The sticking issue is that John's son Daniel somehow..I have not been able to go to Leslie County Kentucky to research how Daniel got the over 500 acres of John's land. He paid the taxes on the property sometime in the 1880's. The Browning family cemetery which is on the old homeplace which I now own has Many Browning burials but none for John or Lucinda. It is like they dropped off the face of the earth. I will look further into this lead in Missouri. Thanks again. Rick Miller
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.