Search for content in message boards

Descoteaux Family

Descoteaux Family

Posted: 4 Apr 2003 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Descoteaux
My GG Grandmother was Eliza (Elizabeth, Lizzie) Descoteaux. She married at the age of 17. Husband Unknown. She was born in Canada. Her son Adarlard Descoteaux is my G Grandfather. He was born in Maine on 1890-91. He married Clara ? in 1911-12 in Maine. She was born around the same year as Adarlard. Also in Maine. They had 8 children. Armand b: 1911, Wilbrod (My 1st Grandfather) b: Aug 20,1912 d: Aug 26,1964 , Adarlard (MY 2nd Grandfather) b: Oct 26,1913 d: March 5, 1998, June b:1915, Anthony b:1918, Alberta b: 1921, Alberto b: 1925, Theresa b:1929, Both Wilbrod and Adarlard married Leona Gagne. 1st Marriage to Wilbrod date unknown. 2nd to Adarlard marriage was Dec 1, 1965 in Maine. Wilbrod and Leona had 6 children. Lionel b: Jan 28, 1929 d: March 2003, Norman b: March 29, 1940 d: unknown, Paul b: Aug 12, 1947, Joseph b: May 12, 1932, Bea b: Jan 15, 1936, Leo (My father) b: Aug 19, 1949 all in Maine.If this is any connections to anyone please let me know and maybe fill in the blanks. E-amil me at sirraven2001@aol.com. Thank You

Re: Descoteaux Family

Katherine Descoteaux (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 10:57PM GMT
Wendy,
My name is Kathy Descoteau and I am searching for my famliy.Somewhere along our line someone dropped our x we aren't sure why some have suggested a break in the family or for freedom reason's.I was curious when I say you on the mesage board.Because we all wondered the reason and wondered if you might have info.My Grand father Arthur married Alma Lapiene not sure what year but around early first decade of 1900's.If you have any info or such please feel free to contact.

Katherine Descoteaux (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 10:57PM GMT
Wendy,
My name is Kathy Descoteau and I am searching for my famliy.Somewhere along our line someone dropped our x we aren't sure why some have suggested a break in the family or for freedom reason's.I was curious when I say you on the mesage board.Because we all wondered the reason and wondered if you might have info.My Grand father Arthur married Alma Lapiene not sure what year but around early first decade of 1900's.If you have any info or such please feel free to contact.

Re: Descoteax family ties.

Katherine Descoteau (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Descoteau
Hello
I am hoping to connect with the ones I've left behind.Daughter of Rolland.Grand daughter of Arthur and Alma.Among the missing to many.Hope to connect again.Email as posted.

Kathy Decoteaux (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2006 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Descoteaux
Contact Bob Decoteaux or
Bob Descoteaux in California.

He's been doing Descoteaux research for
many years and has thousands of names.

Plus, that Arthur Descoteaux you mentioned
might be one of my relatives.

John J.

Posted: 16 Sep 2006 12:08AM GMT
Saw reference to my name.. drop a line.

bob

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 9:36PM GMT
I am searching for my grandfather's family. His name is Henry Michell DeCoto, He was born in Maine. His father was Joseph DeCoto born in Canada but that name doesn't exist in Canada. I have no record of the names except what the family has written down. They leave a cold trail. So I am assuming that The name was shortened and that it was possible Descoteaux.
Have you come across this family?????

Posted: 29 May 2013 7:51AM GMT
You did not give a time frame or a wife's name.
Do you know his Mother's name? Childrens' names?
Where in Maine?
More info is needed to be able to help you.
Chris

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 2:27AM GMT
Henry Michell DeCoto, 1858-1948 my written record says Portland, Maine is his birthplace & died in Pecatonica, Illinois married Essie Swift 1858-1935 Had 12 children. Henry's father is Joseph Decoto. This is written in Joseph's funeral records. This record says he was born in Moscow Canada 1832 -1922 Died in Freeport, Illinois married Eliza Cuff. I can find no records after this. Essie Swift can be traced back to England in the 1600.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.