Search for content in message boards

JOHN BRAXTON STOGNER

JOHN BRAXTON STOGNER

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STOGNER, MOORE
ANOTHER BRANCH ON MY EVER GROWING TREE IN THE STOGNER FAMILY. JOHN BRAXTON STOGNER IS FATHER TO MY GR. GR GRANDFATHER. JOHN WAS BORN CIRCA 1817 IN NORTH CAROLINA, POSSIBLY STANLEY? HE WAS MARRIED TO NANCY SPIKES BORN 1820 AND THE FAMILY LIVED IN CARRABUS NORTH CAROLINA DURING THE 1840'S. CLIMBING THROUGH THIS TREE I FOUND INFO THAT SAYS THAT JOHN BRAXTONS FATHER WAS JOHN B. STOGNER BORN 1780 IN SOUTH CAROLINA.
IF THIS TREE IS FAMILIAR TO ANYONE IN ANYWAY WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. I HAVE INFO DOWN THE TREE TO MY GRANDMOTHER GENEVA MILDRED STOGNER, DAUGHTER OF LILLIE JOSEPHINE MOORE STOGNER OF OKLAHOMA AND JUDSON WARREN STOGNER BORN IN MISSISSIPPI, SPENT TIME IN OKLAHOMA AND LATER IN LIFE MOVED TO CALIFORNIA.. HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE.
THANK YOU.

Re: JOHN BRAXTON STOGNER

Hal Martin (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2005 9:54PM GMT
Seems that there are quite a number of Johns in the Stogner family. My great great grandfather was also John Stogner although based on the dates given I don't think he was any of those you mentioned. He was originally from South Carolina, but settled in Carroll County, Georga, and served as a captain the Confederate army.

Posted: 9 Aug 2005 3:59PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Stogner/Stout
My G-G-Grandfather was John B. Stogner born about 1815 in South Carolina and died in Texas. He married Elizabeth Deal 6/3/1836 in Noxubee Co., Miss. John B. Stogner and family lived in Miss. until sometime after 1870 census for Kemper Co., Miss. and then appear on the 1880 census in Lamar Co., Texas. I don't know if this is the same family you are related to or not. My great-grandmother was Sarah Elizabeth Stogner born 1846 in Kemper Co., Miss. and married Daniel Thomas Stout about 1880.

Laurel (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2006 4:35AM GMT
Your great grandfather, Judson Stogner, was a younger half-brother of my grandfather, William Stogner, who lived most of his life in TX. I grew up in CA. My grandfather came to visit us once as a very old man and we took him to Antioch, CA, to visit Judson, also quite old at that time, and bearing a striking resemblance to my grandfather. I have more information on the family if you'd like to e-mail me directly.
Laurel

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 6:09AM GMT
My husband is also a member of the Stogner line. His ggr was Abe Breer Stogner, brother of Benjamin B. Stogner. Would like to hear from you.

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 5:29PM GMT
Who are your mother and father..I think your grandmother was my aunt mildred, I am Mildred'd brother Ralph's oldest son. I was born on the old place in Henryetta Oklahoma in 1945. I grew up in Antioch Ca. and left in 63, never to return except for a day here and there. Now I live in New Jersey with my wife of 40 years or so and our 4 children and 10 grand children.
Aunt Mildred had 2 boys and 2 girls, that were older then I am and there were perhaps other children that I dont remember.Marlene, Donna, Wayne Ray, Jamed Eddie, and I think there was a set of younger twins but these are the names I remember.

I have 5 brothers and sisters scattered over the US.

My Uncle Athol lives in Southern Ca, Marion in Arizona and I think all the other are dead. I think there were 2 girls and 4 boys in your grandmothers family.

If I cant answer any questions that u may have re some of the others. I can check with my Mom- LaVeda Hill
who lives is Arizona and has a great memory.

Where are u? tell me about your self

Warren Stogner

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 3:00PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: STOGNER
first i have to say that i am from Austria (Central Europe, North of Italy) so please excuse my english!
i was just surfing the www, when i come across this website. i am truly surprised to find the name STOGNER, which is very similar to my surname STÖGNER, in the usa. in austria there are living approximately 120 people with the surname STÖGNER. most of them live in Upper Austria. do you know from witch country your ancestors emigrated?

Martin Stögner

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 1:24PM GMT
I understand that our people came from Germany to a port in
North or South Carolina. Some stayed there some went to Mississippi and to Texas. My grandparents went into the Indian Territories (Oklahoma) where my dad and I were born.
I grew up with my 5 brothers and sisters in California.

There are a lot of Stogners in North and South Carolia, Texas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi, along with the California
group.

Hope this info helps and is of interest to you.

Pls let me know about your family if you have a few minutes
we dont know anything about our history in Europe.

Oh I dont speak anything but English and that is not so good. so no problem.

Best Regards

Warren Stogner
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.