Search for content in message boards

Genus

Genus

Fran (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Genus
My Gosh

I'm overwhelmed with all the information you guys sent me. Thanks many times over. I will share this info with other researchers here in Rhode Island. I'll be back, as I'm trying to do a time line on my Genus line.

Fran

family tree

Diana (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Genus, Genas
I have just started to research my family tree today and would like to trace our history as far back as documentation will allow. Any information, however small or even contact with possible family members will be fanastic news.

Thank you
Diana

Re: Genus

b genus (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 11:31PM GMT
my maiden name is genus. My family lives in Belize CA

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 8:49PM GMT
I believe I can give you information of the Genus family in Belize. The first and only person to come to Belize with the Genus last name was Henry Genus. He left St. Elizabeth Jamaica for Guatemala to work for the United Fruit Company as an accountant as a very young man about 1897. He ended up in Belize a few years later and married Jeraniah or Jemima(Not sure and not sure of her last name Hall/Valentine?)who was born and raised in Belize. They traveled bt Guatemala and Belize working for the United fruit company. They had 5 children Henry Genus Jr., Milo Genus, Cyril Genus,Gladys Genus and Evelyn Genus (Born 1929 Puerto Barrios Guatemala)They later settled permanently in Punta Gorda Belize to raise their family. Im also researching the Genus family from St. Elizabeth Jamaica. I believe that his father was Joseph Henry Genus Born 21 JUL 1852 Lititz, Saint Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica, Caribbean
Parents:
Father: William Genus
Mother: Frances Ann Riddie
William Genus
Birth: About 1818 Saint Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica, Caribbean
Parents:
Father: William Genus
Mother: Ann James Barnes

There are also records of the first William Genus in Germany in the late 1700's to early 1800's. He or family may have come there from France.

Posted: 16 Jul 2011 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Rowan
Dear Sir;
Can you tell me where I can access vital records and/or United Fruit Company employee records for Puerto Barrios, Guatemala, 1912-1932. My Great Uncle Patrick Rowan worked as a school teacher during that time, in Puerto Barrios.
Thank you_

Patrick Rowan Sr.
Professor Emeritus
University Of Nebraska

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 8:53PM GMT
The company was based out of New Orleans LA and Its corporate office was on St. Charles Street There(I even took a pic of the building while I was there in Oct)That building is now used for another business but the original design is still visible. United Fruit Co is now Chiquita Brands International(Chiquita Banana) They are now based out of Downtown Cincinatti Oh. They may have the records there.

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 9:43PM GMT
Thank you for your help... I will follow up_
Patrick

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 6:45AM GMT
Here is what I know about the Genus family in in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica. Daniel Genus married dont know her name He had three children that I know of Isadora, Magnus, and Lomatha. Auntie Dora never married or had any children. Uncle Magnus had at least one son Aston who died as a young man. Lomatha married Reginald Alveranga. She had five children one boy and four girls. One of the girls (irene) married John Genus a not so distant relative. John went to Cuba in the and was expelled in the 1950s. This was before he married. Dont know if he had children there. John and Irene had two children, Bonito and Esperanza.

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Genus
Hi
Can u drop me a line, would like to discuss the Genus family with you thx.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.