Search for content in message boards

John Seymour

John Seymour

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 12:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seymour
I am looking for any birth, marriage and death info on my ancestor John Seymour, born 1828(?) I believe in Ireland, not sure of the county. He married Catherine Seymour, do not know her maiden name, nor do I have a marriage date. I have no death date, but he was not alive in 1893 when my g-g-grandparents, William Seymour and Margaret Evans were married in Chorlton-upon-Medlock. His rank or profession on their marriage certificate was listed as a tailor. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: John Seymour

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Naomi

You will notice from the census pages I sent to you earlier that in 1881 Catherine is enumerated as a widow yet Catherine is with John in 1871
With that in mind, from freebmd :-
Deaths Mar 1877
Seymour John 51 Manchester 8d 160

Both John and Catherine are given as born in Ireland (depending on which census in 1826 mostly)

Again from freebmd

Deaths Dec 1887
Seymour Catherine 61 Manchester 8d 195

Any of the birth certificates of the children shown in the census will give the maiden name of Catherine who it looks like married in Ireland, from the 1851 census you will note that Richard was born in 1846 in Bristol Somerset which may be where they entered England

This might be Richards birth registration?

Births Mar 1846
Seymour Richard Bristol 11 151

NJO in Cornwall (UK)

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.