Search for content in message boards

NAPIER FAMILY CEMETERY?

NAPIER FAMILY CEMETERY?

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Duff, Howard, Napier, Jackson, Wilson
Would anyone have any information on a Napier Familiy Cemetery, Bowen's Creek, Leslie Co., KY.

Who is buried there?

Thanks,

Bettygene

Re: NAPIER FAMILY CEMETERY?

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 11:14AM GMT
I don't know where Bowens Creek is, I have only been back to Leslie Co. twice, but if you are talking about the Jack Napier cemetery then my uncle George Jones and his wife aunt Mary Napier Jones are burried there along with his daughter Betty Jones Gilbert who passed away recently.

Fred Nordstrom (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 2:52PM GMT
isn't that the one up daniel branch.

Paul Tidman (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: NAPIER
My wife's Napier family is from Bowen's creek. I'll be seeing my father in law next week and I'll ask him if there is a Napier cemetary or family plot at Bowen's Creek. Do you have any information on the Napiers of Bowen's creek? I suspect that's my wife's line, which I've been working on.

fred nordstrom (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 7:46PM GMT
there are six people buried their that I could see.

Willie Napier b 1895
Millie Napier

Angie Caldwell

Etta Kerr

Eugene Napier
Ronnie Eugene Napier b 1953

this cem is only 1/2 mile from my house

Fred

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Duff, Howard, Jackson, Napier, Wilson
Where is the Jack Napier Cemetery located? And do you know who else may be buried there? Do you know who the parents of your uncle George Jones wife may be (Mary Napier Jones)? I have a few Mary Napier's but none I could match.

I have several Jack Napier's in my file, one is the son of Eziekiel (E.Z.) Napier and Mahala Sizemore. I have a Jackson Napier married to Martha Couch, and a Jack Napier b. 1932 d. Oct 17, 1991 married to a Kathy Unknown. Would any of these be buried in this cemetery? Or be related to you?

I have two great grandmother's both named Elizabeth Napier. One born 1833 married Andrew Duff, her parents are Adron Napier b. 1814 and Emoline Jackson b. 1816. The other was born 1840, married John Brown and her parents were Edward Napier b. 1813 and Susan Helton.

If you have any questions on the Napier's I have quite a few in my file I could look them up for you.

Thank you,

Betty

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 10:50PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I am not sure where this cemetery would be located. I could not locate Daniel Branch on my map of the county. Would this be near Bowen Creek Church?

You seem to know the area and as I was looking on the Highway map of the county I am across a point called "Napier", it was near Greasy Creek, between Dollar Branch and John Miniard Branch, what would this be?

Also, would you know anything about the Napier Church on Buffalo Creek Rd. in Bell Co. It is on the map near Slusher & Jaybee off of Straight Creek and Buffalo. Would there be a cemetery located there?

Thanks for your help,

Betty

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 11:02PM GMT
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your reply, I will look forward to hearing from you as to what your father in law has to say about this cemetery.

I have two gg grandmother's both named Elizabeth Napier. One was bon Dec 1833 and married Andrew Duff, her parents were Adron Napier and Emoline Jackson. Elizabeth and Andrew Duff lived with the Shell family in Leslie Co. for quite a while. The other Elizabeth Napier was b. 1840 and married John Brown, she was the daughter of Edward Napir b. 1813 and Susan Helton.

If I can be of any help with your wife's line let me know, I have quite a few Napier's in my tree.

Thanks for your help.

Bettygene

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 11:19PM GMT
Fred, Thank you again for your help. I have Willie Napier b. 1895 and his wife Millie Napier in my file. Their son is Howard E. Napier. Etta Kerr is the daughter of Howard E. Napier. Eugene Napier and Ronnie (Edgar) Napier b. 1953 are the son's of Howard E. Napier also.
I do not know who Angie Caldwell is.

Are you related to any of the Napier's? Some of my surnames from Leslie Co., are Brown, Duff, Howard, Napier, Jackson and Wilson.

Thanks again.

Bettygene

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 12:31AM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2004 11:06AM GMT
Jack Napier Cemetery is in Thousand Sticks, off of the Daniel Boone Pk.Way at the Hyden Spur.
My Aunt Mary Npaier Jones mother was Martha Woods Napier and her dad was Jack Napier. I don't know who else is burried there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.