Search for content in message boards

VERZAGT

VERZAGT

ELIZABETH VERZAGT (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a sincere desire to know my family history. My grandfathers surname was VERZAGT. I am told he was born in 1890s, in Ritterhude near Bremen (not confirmed yet). I believe he had a sister named Gerra.

My grandfather came to America, married in New York and died suddenly in New York due to an accident.

Apparently his name was 'Americanized' in New York. Documents issued for him in New York have the name George VERZAGT. However, writing on family photographs have the name Has Georg VERZAGT.

Apparently also the names of his parents were 'Americanized'. The documents from New York identify his parents as William and Anne (Meaken) VERZAGT. However, the family photos indicate that their names were Willi and Johanna. His parents lived in Ritterhude in the 1930s.

Email of information regarding my family history would be greatly appreciated. The email address is gevcfs@aol.com

Re: VERZAGT

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 7:14PM GMT
Hi,there,Elizabeth,we both share the same Name( Yaxley is my married Name)Yes ,Yours (and mine ) Grandfather comes from Ritterhude and it would be great to hear from you to exchange further.
Liz

Re: VERZAGT

Posted: 6 Nov 2007 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: yaxley
are you related to elizabeth yaxley who had 4 children michael, stuart sharon and janet, who was a nurse in norfolk and saudi arabia, she is german and two of her daughters married americans, her boys remain in uk.I hope if so i am trying to get in touch withlizzie the last i heard she was living in kent uk with her son michael. if i am wrong i apologise for any inconvieniance caused, yours sincerely lynn.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.