Search for content in message boards

PARKS surname, Indian Territory Oklahoma

PARKS surname, Indian Territory Oklahoma

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 1:46PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 6:06PM GMT
Looking for the parents of Venia Parks (b. 1889), my maternal grandmother. Venia and her brothers Gene, Tice, and Troy Parks were born in the 1880's and grew up near Broken Bow in what is now McCurtain County, Oklahoma. The children left Indian Territory/Oklahoma around 1900-1910; the boys moved to northeast AR while Venia traveled to Union or maybe Prentiss County, MS. Apparently the parents died before the children left Indian Territory and are buried somewhere around Broken Bow. Since I don't know their names I cannot find a reference for them. Were they Choctaw Indians? Who knows? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Debbie at chimohio@ezworks.net

my grandfathers name is troy

debbie (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2001 10:55AM GMT
hey debbie,
he was raised in fort smith,ar. and is a little over 80 yrs. old. he married grandma jenny from a neighboring town(forgot the name)they had eight kids two boys and six girls.my dad is the oldest joe.my grandparents currently live in corcoran,ca.

Troy Parks

Posted: 28 Apr 2001 11:09AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 6:06PM GMT
I wish he could be my ggrandmother's brother but he would have to have been born in the late 1800's and had lived around the Broken Bow OK area. Thanks for responding anyway. Debbie

looking for family of the parks'

Kathleen Parks Madlener (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 5:55PM GMT
Hello

I am a Parks by birth but need to know if you are related to some from Joplin MO. I know my grandparents lived in California for many years. I had a Uncle Floyd who was shot and killed in california and there is a mine in missouri that part of the uncles died in.
Please let me know if you are related to Robert and Marie Parks. Grandpa is Cherokee and grandma is indian also but not sure which nationality.

Re: PARKS surname, Indian Territory Oklahoma

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 7:11PM GMT
I am looking for information on Rosa Parks. She is my grandson's great or great great grandmother. All we know is she was either Cherokee or Choctaw and she lived for a time in the Herford, North Carolina area. We are not sure of a maiden name at this time. If you have any information that would be helpful, we would appreciate hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Ann Eure

Re: looking for family of the parks'

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2002 1:33PM GMT
well I have relatives that lived in Joplin MO area that we think had relatives that were parks. do you know of any ROSS relatives? renee

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2002 11:46PM GMT
Sorry, I have not heard/read about any Ross' in my family. My Parks relatives would have lived in the Broken Bow area of Oklahoma during the late 1800's.

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2002 1:33PM GMT
Yes I am looking for ross/parks maybe miller pre removal/ say 1810 ish. OH >IN> PA> VA these areas moving to IN teritory west. looking for a chief probably chickasaw and cherokee and the wife was some other tribe or visa versa ( one was one tribe one was another tribe we think) . the wife dies on the removal, left behind daughter marries a white man Ross, who gave them land to bury the dead indians. thanks anyway. renee

Posted: 2 Nov 2005 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Parks
I am related to many Parks around Joplin Missourri.

In fact, there are many relatives in the corner from springfield west and and south. How can I help?

Re: my grandfathers name is troy

Posted: 18 Nov 2009 1:00AM GMT
just curious - Joe L Parks is my father. Who are you?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.