Search for content in message boards

Tuck Information-Macon''s Book

Tuck Information-Macon''s Book

Barbara Hathaway (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 9:42AM GMT
I just want to warn everyone that the information that I have in Ms. Macon's book which I have used to gather and input information, is loaded with errors. This will take a tremendous amount of time to correct and redo. Anyone that has corrected information should let me know as soon as possible. I'll be glad to provide anyone with a copy of all that I have. There is still no hard evidence that we are descended from Woodham Tuck. The only person I found on a ships passenger list was Warram Tuck who came over on the ship "Assurance" in 1642. His age at that time was shown as 20 years old. I don't know if there is a connection with Woodham Tuck or not. I'd really like to close these gaps so I can provide correct information. Ms. Macon's book is a good source but there are still errors. I looked for a Fred Tuck who married Lilly Tuck. Lilly Tuck is the daughter of Ditryon Tuck. In my tree, there is a Fred Tuck who married a Lilly Tuck but I can't seem to make a good connection with Ditryon Tuck. Therefore, there must be an error. We will have to keep wading through our information and making corrections as we come to them.
Barbara

Ditryon Tuck

Marian (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 10:47PM GMT
I have in my data a Ditryon Percy TUCK;
born: abt 1829
(sister Margaret Jane has abt. 1829 also. twins?)
married: 17 Nov 1849
Sarah W. Wilkins
"Halifax County, Virginia Marriages
TUCK, Ditayon P. Sarah W. Wilkins 17 Nov 1849; Reuben Wilkins, Bondsman."

Parents:
Edward I. TUCK, b. 18 Dec 1795 Halifax Co.,VA
Margaret Duberry/Dawberry/Dewberry
married: 2 Nov 1815.
(14 children of which Ditryon Percy is one)
Walter, Edward Irby, John Bennett, Powell,
Balsora, Ditryon Percy, Mary Cary, Nancy Marshall, Margaret Jane, Martha Lealand,
Amanda, Richard, Benjamin, Elizabeth Powell,
Ned.
(I also have a note that Margaret Dewberry/Dawberry etc. is or could be 2nd wife.)

Could you help me straighten this mess out?
Thanks,
Marian
MFPedersen@msn.com

Ditryon Tuck

Marian (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 11:03PM GMT
I have in my data a Ditryon Percy TUCK;
born: abt 1829
(sister Margaret Jane has abt. 1829 also. twins?)
married: 17 Nov 1849
Sarah W. Wilkins
"Halifax County, Virginia Marriages
TUCK, Ditayon P. Sarah W. Wilkins 17 Nov 1849; Reuben Wilkins, Bondsman."

Parents:
Edward I. TUCK, b. 18 Dec 1795 Halifax Co.,VA
Margaret Duberry/Dawberry/Dewberry
married: 2 Nov 1815.
(14 children of which Ditryon Percy is one)
Walter, Edward Irby, John Bennett, Powell,
Balsora, Ditryon Percy, Mary Cary, Nancy Marshall, Margaret Jane, Martha Lealand,
Amanda, Richard, Benjamin, Elizabeth Powell,
Ned.
(I also have a note that Margaret Dewberry/Dawberry etc. is or could be 2nd wife.)

Could you help me straighten this mess out?
Thanks,
Marian
MFPedersen@msn.com

Ditryon Percy Tuck

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 8:00AM GMT
Ditryon was born October 3, 1825. His sister Margaret Jane was born February 16, 1830. There is confusion in reference to his father, Edward I and his supposed two marriages. Ditryon's brother, Edward Irby, was born in 1820. Edward I (their father) supposedly married Margaret Dewberry November 2, 1815 and had 14 children with her. An Edward Tuck married Nancy H. Duncomb July 17, 1848. This would have made the senior Edward 53 years old since he was born in 1795. The 1850 census showed him as Edward I and included was this second wife and five of his youngest children. Edward Irby (Edward I's son) was born in 1820, closer in age to Nancy who was born 1817. It is not known for sure which Edward married her. If you go to FamilyTreeMaker.com and look for the narrative on Descendants on John Tuck, there is an EXTENSIVE amount of information on the Tucks. Took me most of a day to print, but it was worth it.

Ditryon Percy Tuck

Barbara Hathaway (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2000 7:02PM GMT
My information shows that Edward Tuck, Jr. married 1st, Nancy H. Duncomb, and 2nd, Margaret Dewberry. I have 12 children listed: Walter R. Tuck b. 1816, d. 1823
Edward Irby Tuck, b. 6/5/1820
Powell Tuck, b. 1/15/1822, d. 12/1863 while in the confederate army.
John Bennett Tuck, b. 12.1824
Ditryon Percy Tuck, b. 10/3/1825 who married Sarah W. Wilkins 11/17/1849
Mary Cary Tuck, b. 1/17/1827
Nancy Marshall Tuck b. 10/12/1828
Margaret Jane Tuck, b. 2/16/1830
Elizabeth Tuck, b. 2/7/1834
Amanda Tuck, b. 1836 and married J. Holland Cole,
Richard Tuck, b. 1838
Benjamin Tuck, b. 1844
I don't show the children he may have had with his first wife.

Tuck

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2000 3:14PM GMT
The info I have shows the marriage dates of Edward Jr. as November 2, 1815 to Margaret Dewberry and to Nancy Duncomb July 17, 1848 when he was 53 (this is in the Halifax County records). Nancy Duncomb's DOB was in 1817. She could not have been the mother of the children as they were all listed being born before they married in 1848; also when she married him she was 30 or 31. The three other children I have listed born to Edward and Margaret are: Balsora Tuck, b. Dec 8, 1818; d. Jul 15, 1898. Martha Lealand Tuck, b. Apr 22, 1832, d. Jul 19, 1869; and Benjamin Tuck, b. 1844 (all five events taking place in Halifax County). The US Census of 1850 lists Edward Tuck, names the second wife Nancy, and has five of his youngest children listed (Benjamin, Richard, Amanda, Martha and Margaret Jane). Elizabeth was omitted. She was 16 at the time, so it is possible she had married and was either listed on the census with her husband or had moved from the area. Who knows, what I have might be wrong, but through extensive research it's what I have. Thanks.

Richard Bennett Tuck

LaVon Tuck Fleming (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 6:07PM GMT
Shelia,
Do you know if Richard Tuck borned in 1838
or Bennett Tuck borned in 1844 had a son
named Richard Bennett Tuck born March 1,
1874? Richard Bennett Tuck was my grandfather
and the father of Alvin Tuck borned 4-14-1912.
Your answer to this question will be
appreciated.
Thanks,
LaVon Tuck Fleming

Richard Bennett Tuck

Sheila Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 7:30PM GMT
I reviewed what I have several times and was able to locate your Richard Tuck, b. 1838. I didn't find the Bennett born in 1844. There were SO many Richards and Bennetts, but what I have does not follow their lines as closely as some of the other branches. I was really hoping the information was there, but it wasn't. Sorry.

Tuck MyFamily.Com family site

Posted: 19 Jan 2000 5:59AM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2001 10:06PM GMT
E-mail me privately if you would like to be invited to our family site. We share research and pictures, etc. bchmah6051@juno.com
Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:16PM GMT
hi i'm jennifer my gggg-grand dad was:john dewberry he was married to:elizabeth tuck. also in my family tree i have robert tuck married to nancy dewberry, edward tuck and nancy as the parents of my tucks. i have a full line to deberry family im'11th gen i know branda. and well im trying to fine out all i can as to my family tree i'm tring to find out just how minny kin i have as to who im all realated to. im at:b9675309jenny@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.