Surnames: Everett, Bagwell
Looking for information on John Everett d. 1876 and Minnie
Lee Bagwell Everett b. 1888

Re: John Everett

Posted: 28 May 2006 12:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2006 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: Everett
I have been looking for a John Everett, I don't know when he died though. Where is yours from?

Bonnie

Bill Lee` (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2006 11:54PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2006 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Everett, Badwell
The John Eberett I'm looking for was b. in Ohio 1876 m. Minnie Lee Badwell bef. 1922. Two children Sammie and John W b.
1922 & 1926 Ok.

Diana Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 12:32AM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2006 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Everett
My John Everett was born in Georgia, in 1865. I don't know who his parents were, although someone said the father may have had the same name.

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2006 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: Everett, Lee, Frost
my grandfather is John W. Everett III, his father is John W. Everett II (b. in Ohio, died 1933). his wife was Minnie Lee (b. 1888, in OK territory). not sure about the Badwell name, family lore says that her dad was general Lee's nephew (Robert E. Lee who was married to Martha Carter).

if you have any more information on this lineage, i would appreciate it. my grandfather and i are stuck at John D. Everett (married to emma Swaim), supposedly a son of John Burton Everett (married to Rosanna Frost), but we can't link these last two 'johns' together.

thanks, erica

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 2:59AM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2009 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: EVERETT, FROST, Swaim, Miller
I would be interested in comparing notes. I am a descendent of John Burton Everett's older brother, Edward.

Have been trying to sort out conflicting info on son John and his wife. I have John Weathington Everett, 1845 - 1834 as the eldest child of John Burton Everett and Rosannah Frost. I see a marriage record for a John D. Everett and Emma Swaim in 1865, in Athens Co, Ohio, which would be correct location and about the right age for a first marriage, but information I have shows John W. Everett m. Mary Emma Miller in 1880, eldest child John Henry Everett, b. 1881.

Are John W. and John D. one and the same? If so, was he married twice (both wives named Emma???), or ?? I suspect they may be either cousins of the same name, or there's a mixing up of generations somewhere..

In the 1850 Census, the family of J.B. Everett, 38, and wife Rosannah, 25, is listed in Ames, Athens, Ohio. Three boys are shown with this couple: John W., age 4, Marion, age 3, and George W, age 1. Nancy, age 74 (John Burton's mother) is also listed in this household.

Same family in 1860, Ames Twp, Athens Ohio. This time father listed as John B Everet, and eldest son John W, age 14. Oddly, George W is only 8 in 1860, but there is another boy, Charles R, age 10 (between Marion and George). Did the wrong names get attached to the right ages??

Anyway, John, son of John Burton, seems to have used the middle initial "W" consistently. Was his middle initial recorded / transcribed incorrectly on the marriage record to Emma Swaim? Or was the John Everett who married Emma Swaim someone else entirely. If so, who?

Denise

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 6:28AM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2009 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Everett, Swaim
Okay, I just checked the 1870 Census in Athens County, Ohio.

John W and John D Everett are two different individuals.

John D Everett, who married Emma Swaim in 1865, is living in Marshfield, Waterloo Twp, Athens Co, age 28, with wife Emma and 2 yr old son, James W.

John W, son of John Burton Everett, is listed in his parents' household in Ames Twp, Athens Co, age 25 and single (no "W" this time).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.