Search for content in message boards

FEENAN/FEINEN of Armagh

FEENAN/FEINEN of Armagh

Posted: 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2004 11:12AM GMT
Surnames: Feenan, Feinen
Would like to verify the birthplace of Michael FEENAN, born about 1825 in County Armagh, city/town unknown. He emigrated to the U.S. and settled in California.

Re: FEENAN/FEINEN of Armagh

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 2:57AM GMT
Hi M. SmithI read your message on the ancestry board tonight and I thought maybe you might be looking for the Feenans in Newry,N.Ireland., Armagh I was told is what Newry falls under (which is JUST over the border into N.Ireland) I was there in 1969 with my grandparents who also were Feenans'(Hugh) he was born in Newry and came to the USA in 1900's. some of his family stayed in Ireland, funny I had a cousin Michael in N.Ireland now approx. 50 yrs. old everyone with the name Feenan I would imagine are all related

Re: FEENAN/FEINEN of Armagh

Phil McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: Feenan
Dear Cindy,
I have just read your message dated 25 Jan 2002 which was in reply to M. Smith's query about Feenan/Feinan in Armagh. I am researching the family tree of my wife Madelaine who was born Feenan. Family tradition has it that they emigrated from Newry to England about 1870/1880. Is it possible that you have a contact name/address in Newry that you could let me have? We have been "stuck in the UK" with the tree for over 20 years, and that could just give us the link back to Ireland. Many thanks and best of luck with your own researches.
Yours sincerely,
Phil
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.