Search for content in message boards

gibbs - s. illinois 1880 to present

gibbs - s. illinois 1880 to present

ed (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2003 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: gibbs williams milligan
i am looking for information on the following gibbs family. Homer Gibbs, born 1900 in bowlesville, Ill. married Ethyl Marie Williams, born 1906. his parents were Charles Gibbs and Elizabeth Milligan. Homer shows up in 1930 census with wife Eva in Harrisburg, Saline county, Illinois. Am interested in information on any Gibbs that might be related to these individuals. This family had some connections in at least the following counties: Pope, Saline, Franklin, Galatin, Hardin.

Re: gibbs - s. illinois 1880 to present

Denise Gibbs Kneifel (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: GIBBS KNEIFEL WILLIAMS MILLIGAN WOMACK PARTAIN
would like to talk to you 'bout this line and how you are connected. Homer is my grandfather, his father is Charles Lorenzo Gibbs mother Lizzie Milligan.
Thanks HAPPY HUNTING

ed (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 6:28PM GMT

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 6:28AM GMT
My Grandfather was Charles Lorenzo Gibbs, father of Homer Gibbs. I am looking for his father and mother and would love to share information with you. If you are interested in sharing information, please email me at vneklason@oregonfast.net.

ed (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: gibbs williams milligan
i may have determined the likely parents of charles lorenzo gibbs. i sent an e-mail to the address given but have not received a reply. i need more information about charles and his family to be sure. looking forward to your reply.

ed

Virginia Neklason (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2004 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Gibbs, Trainer, Melton
I am sorry for my late response. My grandfather, Charles (Charlie) Lorenzo Gibbs was born in Karbers Ridge(?), Illinois September 7, 1879. I remember him saying that we were Irish or some-kind of Irish.

I have conflicting information about his parents: Father, James Gibbs b. 1856 in either Illinois or Tennessee, and Mother, Francis Martha Melton b. 1858 in either Karbers Ridge, Ilinois or Tennessee.

I believe he had a brother John and a sister Mae or May.

Are you related to the Gibbs? I would appreciate receiving any information that you may have.

ed (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2004 5:09PM GMT
i will be sending you a reply off list this weekend. if you do not hear from me then reply to this message.

looking forward to exchanging information.

ed

R Re: gibbs - s. illinois 1880 to present

Posted: 2 Oct 2006 1:44AM GMT
R U still here I can help you write me at DonnaRogersMo@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.