Search for content in message boards

Dalys of Banagher/Milltown, County Galway Ireland

Dalys of Banagher/Milltown, County Galway Ireland

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daly, Farragher
I'm looking for any assistance on researching the Dalys of Banagher & Milltown in County Galway in the 1800's.

Parents :John Daly and Bridget Farragher (or nearby Russelstown)

Children:
James (1862-)
Catherine/Kate (1864-)
Mary (1867-)
John (1871-)
Michael (1873-)
Bridget (1879-1936) m. O'Brien in MA/USA
Patrick (1880-1918) m. McGowan in MA/USA
Julia (1885-1965) m. Weir in MA/USA
Ellen (1885-)

At least 4 came to America, three were known to have stayed in Ireland, 2 unknown.

Anyone have conenctions or information of these Dalys'?

Thanks!

Steve

Re: Dalys of Banagher/Milltown, County Galway Ireland

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 4:41PM GMT
Hi Steve,
My Grandfather came from Milltown Malbay in county Clare. I don't know if it's the same as Milltown county Galway. His name was John Daly and I believe he was born around 1880. I will check that out be be sure. He may have been older than my Grandmother. She was a Slattery, from New Market on fergus also in county clare. They had met and married after they came to the US. Her name was Mary. Let me do some checking on my Grandfather's birth date and I'll get back with you. You can contact me through my email at anndaly64@yahoo.com.
Best Regards,
Ann

Re: Dalys of Banagher/Milltown, County Galway Ireland

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 6:15PM GMT
Hi Ann,

thanks for responding-these two towns indeed are not one and the same. Milltown County Galway is about 10 miles north of Tuam. Milltown Malbay is on the coast, south in County Clare.

i was stumped on that for a bit as well, as i had found Daly's in Milltown Malbay, but they were not the Daly's i was looking for. I finally found the correct Milltown by narrowing it down by the church the family attended.

Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.