Search for content in message boards

Search for Elihu G. Vance

Search for Elihu G. Vance

Elmer Leon Vance (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Vance
Looking for Elihu Vance or Elihu G Vance,b 1802 in South Carolina. m 14 October 1829 in Perry Alabama to Jane Harrington (b Feb 1814 Tennessee d 18 Jan 1869 Millican, Brazos Co, Texas)

Elihudied 1858 in Liberty, liberty County, Texas.
Children were (1) James b 1832, Perry Alabama:(2) Mary, b 1837, Perry Alabama: (3) Elizabeth, b 1839 Vivian, Caddo Co, Louisiana; (4)Samuel, b 1843 Vivian, Caddo Co, lOUISIANA; (5) Charles H., b 29 Sept 1844, Vivian, Caddo Co,Louisiana; and (6) Joseph, b 7 Jul 1848 in Vivian, Caddo Co, Louisiana, d.16 Aug 1919 in Millican, Brazos Co, Texas.
Anyone with anything, please help my 40 year search.

Elihu Vance

Posted: 7 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: Vance, Doan
I am searching for the Vance who married Laura Alice Doan, dau. of Levi Henry and Elizabeth (Long) Doan. They may have married in Pawnee Co. OK (or nearby) between 1880 and 1889. They had children Joseph A Vance (1889) and Elihu Vance (1892) in OK who were living with the grandparents Doan in Pawnee, OK during the 1910 census. There mother Laura alice (Doan) Vance died in april 1895. No information is known about the father. It sounds like there may be a link with your Elihu at some point. Any clues? My only hearsay is that our Vance (father) may have been a politician in Oklahoma.

Re: Search for Elihu G. Vance

carolyn caldwell (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2003 5:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Elihu Vance was on census in 1850 Jackson Parish La.I am doing research for a friend by the name of Vance . Looking for finis newton vance.m. emma victoria robb

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: Vance, Harrington
Hello Carolyn,
Elihu G Vance was my 2nd Great Grandfather. He was born c. 1802 in SC and married Jane Harrington. We think he died on the way to Texas in the 1850's for he is not known in the cemetry at Millican in Braos Co, TX.

It is great when somebody comes up with something about him. Have you anything on his family. I can send you loads if it will help.

I have not come across your F.N.Vance who married E.V.Robb.

Are you a member of the Vance Family Association in USA? Although I live in Australia I get a lot of info through my membership.

Leon Vance. leon@idx.com.au

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 11:55AM GMT
I have lots on this family. If you are interested contact Leon Vance at

leon@idx.com.au

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 1:03PM GMT
Am intrested in finding out if your Vance information has anything to do with the Vance family in Texas?

Leon Vance (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2005 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Vance, Harrington
Appear to be not connected, Mine from SC and drifted across to TX between 1802 and just after Civil War.

Posted: 13 May 2010 8:14AM GMT
Hi there! My name is Alyson Vance and i live in Houston, Texas. I see you posted this in 1999 but i'm new to this genealogy thing and just started looking for the Vance family. My dad was Dave Louis Vance,Jr. His dad was of course DLV,Sr., his dad was Allen Vance, his dad Charles H. Vance, and his dad is Elihu G. Vance. That is where i'm kinda stuck. I went on Ancestry.com and it said his dad was James Vance born around 1760 in North Carolina and Died 1833 in South Carolina. That is Elihu was born so it sounds right. I'm just wondering if this is correct. Said his dad was Samuel and his dad Andrew, John, then Lancelot. If all that is true, i went all the way back to 1010 when the name was DeVaux in Normandy, France. And Sir Patrick Vans married Lady Mary or Margaret Kennedy who is eventually related to "The Boston Kennedy's" Just wondering if i'm on the right track.

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 3:02PM GMT
hi Alyson, I'm Leon's daughter, from Perth WA, Australia. My dad was undertaking family history, and is now in a nursing home with dementia, and so I am taking over his search. I know that his dad was Charles Elmer Vance. I woould love to have some more info. You can find me on facebook as Alison Vance, or alison1310@hotmail.com Looking forwards to hearing more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.