Search for content in message boards

Tylers of Chobham Surrey UK

Tylers of Chobham Surrey UK

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2003 2:16AM GMT
Seeking decendants of William and Jane Tyler of Chobham Surrey, married 1869 Happy to share info.

Bye Heather

Re: Tylers of Chobham Surrey UK

Krithia (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2004 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Tyler, Hampton, Oakford
A friend of mine has just found out that she is related to a Jane Tyler, daughter of Maurice and Jane (nee Hampton) married in Chertsey in 1842. Jane Tyler, born 1842 in Horsell, married James Oakford, 1834, in Haslemere. Any connection?

Posted: 1 Mar 2004 5:09AM GMT
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes definately related. My GG Grandfather was William Tyler born 1848, son of Maurice Tyler and Jane Hampton.
Jane, you mention was their first born, I think they had 12 children, William was their 4th.

William died in 1950 aged 102 years. I have a lot of information about him and the Tylers if you are interested.

Best regards,

Heather Gullan

Krithia (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2004 8:05AM GMT
Yes please. I will forward this onto my friend and I expect she will contact you later. Many, many thanks.

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 8:42AM GMT
Surnames: Tyler, Hampton
Hi Heather

I'm the gg-granddaughter of William's youngest sister, Ruth, who came to Manitoba, Canada with their mother, Jane (née Hampton) in 1883. I've a genealogy on-line at
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hollyweb/hampton.htm

I'd love to hear from you.

Holly

Posted: 30 Sep 2008 10:02PM GMT
Hi Holly,

Great to hear from you. I was aware of you through a couple of relatives who have made contact - your tree is wonderful.

I am the grand-daughter of Alice Mary Endacott ( Alice Emma Tylers daughter). I have lots of info including some info that changes my ancestry to some extent - isnt family history like that!! Have been doing family history for over 30 years!!! Did you get all your info from other contacts?
Am at work today but will contact you within the next few days again.

Best wishes,

Heather Gullan

PS It constantly astounds me that Jane Tyler went to Canada and started a whole new life - the weather must have been ghastly!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.