Search for content in message boards

Murdoch Family in Moray

Murdoch Family in Moray

David A. Murdoch (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2006 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murdoch, Simpson, Peddie, Allan
My Murdoch ancestors came from Moray (most from Duffus Parish). My ggg grandparents were James Murdoch and Isabel Murdoch. James Murdoch was born 1759 on Keam Farm Duffus Parish, the son of Alexander Murdoch and Jean Simpson. Isabel Murdoch was born 1772 on Buthill Farm, Duffus Parish, the daughter of Alexander Murdoch and Elspet Peddie. Three of James & Isabels sons (Alexander, Archibald & James) were recruited by the Hudson Bay Company in 1820 and went to Canada. Following their 5 year term, Alexander & Archibald returned to Scotland. James stayed in Western Canada. Alexander settled in Hopeman and married Elspet Gallon, Archibald returned to Canada in 1834 and settled in Quebec. He married Mary Ann Bain from Forres.

Have considerable information on these families to share.

David

Re: Murdoch Family in Moray

Posted: 15 May 2010 3:17AM GMT
Surnames: Murdoch
Hello David,
I found your Family Tree on-line this evening when I did a general search and then this message.

I have also been doing some research on the Murdoch's in Duffus.
On the IGI (family search.org) I found six children for Alexander Murdoch and Jean Simpson, married in Duffus in 1745. I expect there may be more. The ones I found were:
Alexander 1750, Janet 52, Jean 56, George 53, Elizabeth 63 and John 67.

I would be interested in hearing from you.
Regards, Liz

Re: Murdoch Family in Moray

Posted: 15 May 2010 3:51AM GMT
Liz:

Actually there were 10 children. If you e-mail me directly, I can send you the information that I have. What is your connection to the Murdoch family from Duffus?

David

David A Murdoch
a3a80877@telus.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.