Search for content in message boards

MALONE/WILEY

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: MALONE, WILEY
I am searching for Cornelius MALONE and his family. They are believed to have been in the Camden District of SC (possibly Fairfield County now) in the late 1700's. His wife is believed to be Drucilla and one of their daughters is believed to be Sarah "Sally" MALONE (b01/03/1795). Sarah is my g-g-g grandmother. Sarah married Elijah WILEY and was in Morgan County, AL at the time of her death. Cornelius MALONE was found on a census of Morgan County, AL immediately following the listing of Elijah's family.

Re: MALONE/WILEY

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 11:06PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2004 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Malone
Cornelius Malone appears to have migrated to SC from Ireland in 1751 with Samuel Wylly and others, some who were Quakers and some who were companion settlers, tenants of Arthur Dobbs, who were to settle on Cape Fear River in NC and the ship which was chartered in Dublin for the trip landed instead in Georgetown, SC. They began getting grants for land in SC in 1751-the originals of these deeds in Charleston, SC. Cornelius Malone and his brother, William Malone, were both Revolutionary soldiers. They are also featured in a chapter of their own, in the Malone genealogy (second edition) by Randolph A. Malone. It was Cornelius Sr.'s son, Cornelius, who married a Drucilla.

Mary Ella Williams (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 8:44PM GMT
Surnames: MALONE/WILEY
Molly, this is definitely the line I've been researching. I'd like to get more info from your sources and have several questions that you may be able to answer. Do you know where I can write to get copies of the original deeds in SC? Do you know the name of the ship on which they sailed to America? Any idea from where the ship sailed in Ireland? I have Cornelius's Rev War pension app ... any idea of more info that will allow me to obtain one for his brother William? Do you have any contact info to allow me to obtain a copy of Randolph Malone's book on Malone genealogy? Thank you, thank you for your help.

Posted: 22 Aug 2001 11:53PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2004 3:16AM GMT
If you will e-mail me privately, I will forward your e-mail to the book author. He may have some copies to sell.

The ship was according to other's research, from Dublin, Ireland.

William Malone's pension application was filed in Limestone Co., Alabama. He enlisted first in 1778. Source was Limestone Co., Alabama records, Volume 24, page 80.
He served from Kershaw Dist., SC and his wife was named Mary. The pension application of William says he was born in Nov. 1775 according to a family bible in possession of his brother-born Kershaw Dist., SC. Have you came across his bible record?

Melissa Suits (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2006 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: MALONE WILEY OWEN MOTES
I need a copy of this book. Could you help me, please?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.