Search for content in message boards

"Commemorative Biographical Record of Kent, Ontario" book?

"Commemorative Biographical Record of Kent, Ontario" book?

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Feb 2004 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Frederick, Mc Intyre and Mc Call
It would be much appreciated if someone would look in the index and advise if the last names Frederick, Mc Intyre or Mc Call appear. First names would also help. Jacob and Isabell M Frederick were my gg grandparents and resided in
Raleigh (Probably part of Chatham now) as early as 1837. Again your help would be greatly appreciated. Tom.

Re: "Commemorative Biographical Record of Kent, Ontario" book?

Robert Neil (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2002 6:37PM GMT
Under Frederick -- Sarah
Under Fredericks -- Alice M. (Conway); John; Robert; Sarah Ann (Wharram)
Under McIntyre -- there are 37
Under McFall -- Almira (Arnold); William
Under McFalls -- Mary A. (Jackson); Robert

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 10:12PM GMT
Thank You very much for the help.

Bruce Frederick (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2002 7:21PM GMT
Hi Tom,

I am researching the Frederick Family in Canada. From what I have learned Conrad, Peter, John, Barnet and Lodowick we're five brothers who arrived in Canada in the 1780's from the US as U.E.L's. I am on Conrad's line. If any information of this info ties to what you know I would be pleased to hear from you. Bruce Frederick

Posted: 11 Dec 2002 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Frederick
Bruce, thank you very much for replying to my post and tying all five names together. My g g grandfather was Jacob Frederick and, according to the 1881 Canadian Census, Was born in Belleville, ON with ethnicity listed as German and a Reformed Baptist. He moved to Raleigh, Kent, ON in 1837. His dob was March 15, 1817. His known children were: John Henry, Mary C., Kate Abigail and Jacob M. Do you see anything that ties into the five brothers. How about naming patterns. Also, do you know where the five brothers settled?? Look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail add is dolliver@sccoast.net

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 5:26PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2003 5:59PM GMT
Hi
I was just browsing thru the inquiries and I noticed
your reply about Commmenoraative Biographical Record of Kent County Ontario. It would be very much appreicated if and when you have time if you could check for me and see if there are any Gallarno/Gallano/Gallerno/Gallarneau,Slater,or Allen listed in the index. I know that my GGGrandfather David Gallarno and his family were living their from 1839. I have been trying to find information on this family line since 1979 and it has been very hard to trace them.
Thank you again
hacademy@televar.com
Jessica Louise Westphalen
Washington State

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 1:29PM GMT
Bad news is that I'm writing from S. C. and had just visited Chatham last month.

The book you are looking for is on the second floor of the Chatham Public Library. The librarians were most helpful, including the volunteers at the Chatham Historical Society on the third floor.The library has a good microfilm collection on the four Chatham newspapers and a card index to all names mentioned in the newspapers. Thus I walked away with four obits-more than I expected to find.

Maple Leaf Cemetery is the main one in town and the city cemetery office has a computer list of names and dates.

We found everyone in Chatham very helpful .

I hope you have a chance to visit Chatham and wish you lots of luck in your quest.

Robert Neil (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2003 1:38PM GMT
There are no Gallarno/Gallano/Gallerno/Gallarneau but there are few Slater and a bunch of Allen surnames mentioned in this book.

Jessica Louise Westphalen (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2003 2:34PM GMT
Thank you Robert for taking time to help me.
I appreciate it
Jessica

Jessica Louise Westphalen (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2003 2:40PM GMT
Thank you Tom.
The information helps a lot. I hope to visit that area
in the future. I would love to see the area that my
GGGrandparents came from.
Jessica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.