Search for content in message boards

AUSTIN WEBB OF GA.

AUSTIN WEBB OF GA.

P. L. Christian Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2006 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Christian
I am looking for information on Austin Webb, who may have born either in Va. or Ga., before 1800. He married into the Reuben Christian family in elbert Co., Ga. Her name unknown, Austin is memtioned in Reuben's LWT as a son-in-law. Help!

Austin WEBB of GA

Anne W. Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2006 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Webb
I have an Austin WEBB b. c. 1800. It is a marriage record in Jefferson Co., GA in the early 1800s. The only two WEBB households in the county at the time are a Robert WEBB and ELIAS WEBB (my ancestor). Austin could be a son of either or a younger brother. Could your Austin possibly have married previously? Not uncommon then. The marriage is posted on www.genforum.com by Barbara Masterson.

Austin Webb

Becky Zinda (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 9:27AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2006 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Christian
I have info on Austin Webb ... live here in Elbert Co., Ga.

He's a brother to my gr-gr-gr-gr-grandfather who married Nancy Christian here in 1833.

Contact at my email address with specific questions, I'll be happy to help.

Elias Webb

Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:35PM GMT
My Gr.Gr.Gr. Grandfather was Elias Webb. He was born in Rutherford County, North Carolina in the late 1700's. He migrated to Georgia . I have his son Coleman B. Webb in Coweta County, Georgia in 1828. I am looking for information about his wife .

Elias WEBB

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 9:07AM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Maynor
I'm not sure we are talking about the same Elias WEBB. Mine was married to Mary Ann "Nancy" Maynor in Jefferson Co., GA and is from Edgecombe/Nash Co., NC However, I DO think he is missing a son in our records, given the Census data. Please email me directly to compare notes. Thanks!

Re: Austin WEBB of GA

Posted: 29 Aug 2006 2:57AM GMT
Do you know if this Austin Webb lived in Walton County, GA in 1850 and 1860?

Thanks

Re: Austin WEBB of GA

Posted: 29 Aug 2006 11:35PM GMT
Off the top of my head, no I don't sorry. He could have been.

Re: Elias Webb

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: WEBB, HANEY, HOLT, SCOGGIN,
I have this info from Wills in Rutherford Co NC for Elias WEBB who died in Rutherford Co NC c 1813-4:

Elias WEBB:
Will 5/3/1811, probated 1/1814, Book C-6, Ruth Co Wills.
Brothers and sisters: Isaac Webb, Jonathan Webb, Nancy Earles, Sally Scoggin, Polly Scoggin. Youngest sister Susannah Webb. To Coalman Buchannon Webb, son of Nancy Buckhannan,dec'd - 'he was born and raised with me'.
Execs: William Green, John Wall, Robert Haney (my gr4).
Wit: John McGahey, Richard Goode.
Codicil 5/23/1811. My 'son' Coalman Buchannon Webb.
Wit: same.
Sale bill of 2/5/1813 showing these purchasors:
Lewis Johnston, Jonas Lyles, David WEBB, Benja. Davis, Jonathan WEBB, Robert HANEY Jr., Mrs. WEBB, Johnston, Pleasant EARLE, Robert HANEY Sr., John Burge, Peter Mooney, Lem'l SCOGGIN, Wm Evans, Francis HANEY, Reuben Washburn, Bennett Earle, Jacob Magness, Lark Dicus, Tho. Caywood, Jacob Fisher, Jos. Green Jr., Maj. Gen Wm Green, Dennis Carrell, Burges SCOGGINS, Hiram WEBB, Jos. Hawkins, Solo. Davis, John WEBB, Lusy WEBB, Usly C. WEBB, Ben SCOGGINS.
By Lem'l and Burges SCOGGIN 4/13/1813 Book C-6.

I have never been sure if Coalman/Coleman B WEBB was a son of Elias, or a close relationship. Who is Nancy BUCHANNAN who had died, and would be Coalman's mother? This Elias died in late 1813 or at least before 1/1814 court session where his will is probated in Rutherford Co NC, and I thought he was single. Maybe Coalman B is his son, and of Nancy 'BUCKHANNAN' the mother who had died? Elias WEBB was a son of William WEBB Jr and his wife Ursula Carolina HOLT, and he names his brothers and sisters in his will. The youngest sister Susanah aka Sukey later married James COOPER. Nancy WEBB m Pleasant EARLE on 10/17/1801 per NC Marriage Bonds. Sally/Sarah WEBB m Lemuel SCOGGINS and Mary/Polly WEBB married 'Bird'/Burgess SCOGGINS.

His father, William WEBB Jr had died c4/1806 when will probated in Court. Will written 1/23/1806. He names his sons Isaac, Jonathan, and Elias in his will, and daus Sarah SCOGGINS, Nancy EARLE, Polly and Suky. Wife Ursula Carolina is executor. Wits: J. MORROW, George MORROW, and Willm. TOMS. Book B-189 Rutherford Co Wills.

In a land deed of 4/1/8/1822, Burgess SCOGGIN entered 200 acres of Webb Creek adjoining widow WEBB, Richard GOOD, and Robert HANEY. This widow is probably Ursula Carolina. I don't know when she died. This Robert HANEY mentioned as a neighbor is my gr4grandfather. He had gotten his land (50 acres) on Webb's creek in 1816, warrant done 3/29/1817. It was his son Robert HANEY, Jr who m Nancy WEBB on 12/28/1821, per Ruth Co, marriage bonds, and I have never found her family. They both bought items at Elias WEBB's estate sale. His warrant in 1816 shows widow WEBB was adjoining his land, so she must be the widow of William WEBB, Jr - Ursula Carolina.

This/my Nancy WEBB was born c1806, so could very well be a dau of one of these WEBB boys - either Isaac or Jonathan. Especially considering the HANEYs and WEBBs were neighbors.

Does anyone have info on either of them - Jonathan or Isaac WEBB?

Diana in AL
HANEY/WEBB descendent
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.