Search for content in message boards

LEASK

LEASK

Leighsa Leask (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LEASK
I am attempting to trace my husband's line. GGrandfather John Leask apparently emigrated to Canada from Orkney (I think in the 1880's). I am told that he bought the first deeded lot in the town of Cranbrook, BC Canada, but have not yet located proof. I don't know his wife's name, and we don't have any more information.

I would like to hear from anyone searching for Leasks who is willing to share information. Mine is quite limited at present, but I hope that will change soon.

Thanks,
Leighsa Leask

Leasks

Leighsa Leask (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LEASK
To update the first posting:

GGrandfather John Leask emigrated to Canada from South Shields, England in the 1880's (we think). His father's name was Andrew Leisk, mother Mary Ann Knowles. They were married in South Shields, England, but Andrew was born in Aith, Shetland, Scotland. His father was Peter Leisk. He married Margaret Tulloch in Aith, Shetland in 1822.

Once again, anyone with information which matches mine who would like to learn more, and/or share info with me is more than welcome to email.

Sincerely,

Leighsa Leask

Oliver Leask/Elspet Fotheringhame

Davina Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Leask, Fotheringhame
The Leask family which I am related to came from Eday.
I cannot find the marriage records for the above Oliver Leask who married Elspet Fotheringhame yr approx 1785/90 They had a son Richard Leask - born 1790 who married a Barbara Cooper, date of marriage ?
Any information regarding the Leasks from Eday much appreciated.

Re: Leasks

roxanne (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2006 5:42PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2006 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: LEAST,LEISK, FOWLES
your ggrndfther John Leak is the older brother to my ggrndfther Thomas William Leask. Thomas William Leask married Ann Melville Boyter, who is sister to Margaret Ellen Boyter, John's 2nd wife.

I too show John and Thomas's father as Andrew and his father as Peter, but my records show Andrew was married to Mary Ann Fowles, b: 02-27-1831, d: 04-19-1912, and they were married 08-28-1854 in Tynemouth Parish, Northcumberland Co England. She was the daughter of Thomas Fowles, whom I can find no further definite proof on.

If your John Leask was a magistrate in Cranbrook, then we're definitely related. Would love to communicate with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.