Search for content in message boards

Looking for more info on a Robert Yardley who married a Mary Smith

Looking for more info on a Robert Yardley who married a Mary Smith

Posted: 30 Jul 2009 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Yardley, Whorrall
Hi I am looking for more info on a Robert Yardley who married a Mary Smith, I know that Robert and Mary (Smith) yardley) had at least 1 Daughter named Sarah Yardley who married a William H. Whorrall, Robert was born sometime in England and married Mary Smith sometime in England.

Robert and Mary (Smith) Yardley Daughter Sarah immigrated to the United States with her husband William H. Whorrall, and they moved to EL Paso, Illinois, which is almost in the middle of the atate. Sarah was born sometime in the late 1700's probably in Burtondassit Warwick, England.

I would love to know the names of Rober Yardley parent's and if he had any Brother's and Sister's. Thank you to who might know.

Re: Looking for more info on a Robert Yardley who married a Mary Smith

Posted: 31 Oct 2009 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Yardley Whorrall Reynolds Baylis Thornton Smith Tims Ledbrook Stanbra Wright
Sarah Yardley Whorrall's daughter, Sarah Whorrall Wakelin, was my gg grandmother. I can send a copy of the wills if you like.
Jim

FAMILY INFORMATION RELATING TO THE WILL OF WILLIAM YARDLEY WHO DIED BETWEEN JAN 15 AND FEB. 3 1790
my oldest son William Yardley
my son Robert Yardley
my five daughters Ann Reynolds Priscilla Bailis Sarah Reynolds Hannah Thornton and Susannah Yardley
the four children of Richard Bailis my son in law
the two children of Thomas Reynolds my son in law
the three children of Thomas Thornton also my son in law
my natural son William Yardley otherwise William Yardley Smith

The following IGI information is probably the marriage for William Yardley, Sarah Yardley Whorrall’s grandfather. And no doubt these are his children. Except for Priscilla, IGI lists parents as William Yardley and Ann. William mentions most of them in his will. Parish registers for Wormleighton, 1586-1972 Church of England. Parish Church of Wormleighton (Warwickshire)
WILLIAM YARDLEY Marriage: 03 JAN 1750 Wormleighton, Warwick, England ANNE YARDLEY
Children:
1. ANNE YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 06 NOV 1751 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
2. WILLIAM YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 03 JUN 1753 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England death 08 JUN 1753
3. WILLIAM YARDLY - Gender: Male Christening: 15 OCT 1754 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
4. PRISCILLA YARDLY - Gender: Female Christening: 25 JUN 1756 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England WILL YARDLY
5. ROBT YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 19 JAN 1758 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
6. HANNAH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 07 SEP 1759 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
7. MARY YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 30 APR 1763 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
8. SUSANNAH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 18 AUG 1767 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
9. Sarah Yardley (no birth record in IGI) or maybe the same person as 7. Mary

Maybe William’s natural son William?
10. WM SMITH - Gender: Male Christening: 09 JUN 1783 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England Mother MARY SMITH

Here are the marriages and children I found on IGI for the children of William and Anne
1. ANN YARDLEY - Marriage: 12 APR 1784 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England THOMAS REYNOLDS
Children:
WM REYNOLDS - Gender: Male Christening: 12 OCT 1785 Southam, Warwick, England
SAR REYNOLDS - Gender: Female Christening: 17 OCT 1787 Southam, Warwick, England

3. William, see below, inherited the Estate, but apparently never married or had children. He left the Estate to James Yardley, oldest son of his brother Robert, and then to James’ illegitimate son William.

4. PRISCILLA YARDLEY - Marriage: 09 JUL 1778 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England RICHARD BAYLIS
Children
ANN BAYLIS - Gender: Female Christening: 13 OCT 1778 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England Death: 09 MAR 1786
CHARLES BAYLIS - Gender: Male Christening: 31 OCT 1779 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England Death: 23 APR 1780
RICHD BAYLIS - Gender: Male Christening: 18 NOV 1780 Burton Dassett, Warwick,
?RICHARD BAYLISS - Marriage: 16 MAY 1803 Wormleighton, Warwick, England ELIZABETH DAVENPORT
?RICHARD BAYLIS - Gender: Male Marriage: 13 DEC 1813 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England ABIGAIL FOX
Child:
MARY ANN BAYLIS - Gender: Female Christening: 13 NOV 1814 Radway, Warwick, England
MARY BAYLIS - Gender: Female Christening: 23 FEB 1783 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
JOAN BAYLISS - Gender: Female Christening: 12 SEP 1785 Harbury, Warwick, England
WILLIAM BAYLISS - Gender: Male Christening: 28 MAR 1787 Harbury, Warwick, England

5. ROBT YARDLEY mentioned below

9. or 7?. SAR YARDLEY - Gender: Female Marriage: 31 MAY 1782 Southam, Warwick, England GEO REYNOLDS

6. HANNAH YARDLEY - Marriage: 04 SEP 1782 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England THOMAS THORNTON
I couldn’t find on IGI The three children mentioned in William’s will.

Susannah wasn’t married until after her father’s death.
8. SUSANNAH YARDLEY - Marriage: 15 FEB 1790 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England WILLIAM TIMS
child
JOSEPH TIMMS - Christening: 02 SEP 1793 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

Could this be 10. the illegitimate son of William?
WILLIAM YARDLEY - Gender: Male Marriage: 19 APR 1804 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England MARY LEDBROOK
Children:
ANN YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 03 JAN 1805 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ROBERT YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 27 JUL 1807 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

And maybe this could be the marriage of this Ann.
ANN YARDLEY - Gender: Female Marriage: 22 FEB 1825 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England JAMES WESSON
Child
JAMES WESSON - Gender: Male Christening: 01 MAY 1826 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

FAMILY INFORMATION RELATING TO THE WILL OF WILLIAM YARDLEY WHO DIED BETWEEN 14 APRIL AND 8 JULY 1828. He is the oldest son of William Yardley mentioned above.

my Nephew James Yardley the son of my brother Robert Yardley
William Yardley the son of my said Nephew James Yardley

FAMILY INFORMATION RELATING TO THE WILL OF ROBERT YARDLEY WHO DIED BETWEEN JAN 15 AND FEB. 24 1830
Children
my Son William Yardley
my Daughter Sarah the wife of William Whorrall
my Daughter Elizabeth the Wife of Charles Whorrall
my Son in law John Ledbrook . . . my daughter Ann the wife of the said John Ledbrook
Grandson
my grandson William Stanbra
Sisters
my Sisters Hannah Thornton Widow and Priscilla Baylis Widow
Cousin
my Cousin James Ledbrook of Watergall
his Nephew William Ledbrook (Son of the late Joseph Ledbrook of Knightcote)

ROBERT YARDLEY - Marriage: 12 JUL 1787 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England MARY SMITH
Children
1. ANN YARDLEY Christening: 09 JAN 1788 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
2. JAMES YARDLEY Christening: 31 AUG 1789 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
3. SARAH YARDLEY Christening: 13 FEB 1791 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
4. ELIZ YARDLEY Christening: 04 AUG 1797 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
5. Mary YARDLEY (mother of William STANBRA) not in IGI
6. William Yardley not in IGI.

This is a possibility for Mary Smith, the wife of Robert Yardley
MARY SMITH Christening: 02 JAN 1764 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England JOHN SMITH ANNE Form submitted by a member of the LDS Church. The form lists the submitter's name and address and may include source information. The address may be outdated. Details vary. To find the form, you must know the batch and sheet number. 7701821 20 1058979

Here are the marriages and children I found on IGI for the children of Robert and Mary
1. ANN YARDLEY Marriage: JOHN LEDBROOK 29 JUL 1806 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
Children:
ANN LEDBROOK Christening: 01 OCT 1806 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ELIZABETH LEDBROOKE Christening: 30 JAN 1811 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
JOHN LEDBROOKE Christening: 13 JAN 1813 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
WILLIAM LEDBROOK Christening: 11 JAN 1815 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
JAMES LEDBROOK Christening: 05 JUL 1818 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
JOSEPH LIDBROOK Christening: 08 JUL 1819 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
THOMAS LEDBROOK Christening: 25 DEC 1822 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ANN LEDBROOK Christening: 03 JUN 1825 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

2. James mentioned below

3. SARAH YARDLEY Marriage: WILLIAM WHORRALL 24 APR 1810 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
Our well-known grandma. We know their children so I won’t list them here

4. ELIZABETH YARDLEY Marriage: CHARLES WHORALL 13 MAR 1815 Stoneleigh, Warwick, England
Children:
WILLIAM WHORRAL - Gender: Male Christening: 27 OCT 1816 Bedworth, Warwick, England
MARY WHORRALL - Gender: Female Birth: 27 NOV 1818 Independent, Bedworth, Warwick, England
ELIZA WHORREL - Gender: Female Birth: 26 JUN 1821 Independent, Bedworth, Warwick, England
HANNAH WHORRALL - Gender: Female Christening: 08 AUG 1824 Independent, Bedworth, Warwick, England
HARRIOT WHORRALL - Birth: 04 FEB 1826 Christening: 18 JUN 1826 Independent, Bedworth, Warwick, England

5. MARY YARDLEY - Gender: Female Marriage: 02 JUN 1812 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England HENRY STANBRA
Children:
ELIZABETH STANBRA - Gender: Female Christening: 19 JUL 1813 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
WILLIAM STANBRA - Gender: Male Christening: 17 JUL 1815 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

6. ? WILLIAM YARDLEY Marriage: ANN WRIGHT 03 FEB 1831 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
Children:
THOMAS YARDLEY Christening: 02 JAN 1832 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ELIZABETH YARDLEY Christening: 12 OCT 1838 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
WILLIAM YARDLEY Christening: 09 JUN 1847 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England death 13 JUN 1847

FAMILY INFORMATION RELATING TO THE WILL OF JAMES YARDLEY WHO DIED BETWEEN APRIL 22 AND OCT. 8 1857
my illegitimate son William Yardley
my wife Hannah
my children Ann Yardley Sarah the wife of Thomas Neale Robert Yardley and James Yardley
my daughter Elizabeth the wife of Daniel Collins

James is not mentioned in his father’s will, probably because he had already inherited the estate of his father’s brother William. James had an illegitimate son William to whom the inheritance would pass after the death of James. When uncle William wrote his will in 1828, James’ younger sons had not yet been born.

JAMES YARDLEY Marriage: HANNAH SENEY 19 DEC 1820 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
Children
1. WILLIAM YARDLEY (I didn’t find on IGI)
2. ELIZABETH YARDLEY Christening: 18 JUL 1824 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
3. ANN YARDLEY Christening: 20 SEP 1825 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
4. MARY YARDLEY Christening: 03 AUG 1828 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England Death 12 OCT 1828
5. SARAH YARDLEY Christening: 28 DEC 1836 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
6. JAMES YARDLEY Christening: 28 DEC 1836 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
7. ROBERT YARDLEY Christening: 28 DEC 1836 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

Here are the marriages and children I found on IGI for the children of James and Hannah

2. Children of Elizabeth Yardley and Daniel Collins
SARAH COLLINS - Gender: Female Christening: 18 JUN 1843 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
WILLIAM YARDLEY COLLINS - Gender: Male Christening: 1845 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
DANIEL COLLINS - Gender: Male Christening: 02 APR 1848 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England death 28 NOV 1863

5. SARAH YARDLEY - Marriage: 08 NOV 1850 Saint Mary, Warwick, Warwick, England THOMAS NEALE

7. Children of James Yardley and Emily
GEORGE YARDLEY Christening: 03 APR 1859 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
JAMES HENRY YARDLEY Christening: 20 OCT 1861 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ANNIE YARDLEY Christening: 18 OCT 1863 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

Here they are in the 1841 census. This gives a closer date for the births of the three youngest children
Surname First name(s) Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks
YARDLEY James M 55 Farmer Warwickshire
YARDLEY Hannah F 40 Warwickshire
YARDLEY William M 20 Warwickshire
YARDLEY Elizabeth F 15 Warwickshire
YARDLEY Ann F 15 Warwickshire
YARDLEY Sarah F 11 Warwickshire
YARDLEY James M 8 Warwickshire
YARDLEY Robert M 4 Warwickshire
BUTLER Edward M 15 Male Servant Warwickshire
BLOXHAM John M 13 Male Servant Warwickshire
Piece: HO107/1132/2 Place: Burton Dassett-Warwickshire Enumeration District: 6 Civil Parish: Burton Dassett Ecclesiastical Parish: - Folio: 22 Page: 14 Address: House In The Fields

There are a couple of earlier generations in Burton Dassett. Possibly these are the families of William Yardley and Anne Yardley, Sarah Yardley Whorrall’s grandparents.

Child of WILLIAM YARDLEY and ISABEL
HANNAH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 09 AUG 1716 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

Children of WM YARDLEY and PRISCILLA (parents of our William?)
MARY YARDLEY - Female Christening: 19 AUG 1719 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England death 12 APR 1720
PRISCILLA YARDLEY - Female Christening: 19 MAR 1720 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England Death: 27 MAR 1721
*WILLIAM YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 1722 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ELIZABETH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 09 FEB 1727 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

This may be the Elizabeth Yardley who married Daniel Ledbrooke
DANIEL LEDBROKE - Marriage: 21 JUL 1750 Baginton, Warwick, England ELIZABETH YARDLEY Among their children are Joseph and James.

Children of ROBERT YARDLEY and ELIZABETH (parents of our Ann?)
MARY YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 31 OCT 1721 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ELIZABETH YARDLY - Gender: Female Christening: 05 NOV 1723 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ROBERT YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 13 JUL 1725 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England Death: 03 AUG 1725
*ANNE YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 28 DEC 1726 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
HANNAH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 31 JAN 1727 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
HANNAH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 25 FEB 1730 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

And this might be the birth of the father of our William, Gentleman
Child of WILLIELMI YARDLEY
WILLIELMUS YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 19 MAR 1681 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

Child of WILL YARDLEY
JOHNIS YARDLEY - Gender: Male Christening: 06 JUL 1684 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

Children of WILLIAM YARDLEY and HANNAH
HANNAH YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 07 JAN 1697 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England
ANN YARDLEY - Gender: Female Christening: 04 AUG 1695 Burton Dassett, Warwick, England

All of the Yardleys I found on IGI in Burton Dassett are included here. Most are definitely our family, and the others are possibly so, as I have indicated.

Re: Looking for more info on a Robert Yardley who married a Mary Smith

Posted: 31 Oct 2009 5:02AM GMT
Surnames: Whorrall, Yardley, Courbat, Kiblin
Hi thank you for your reply and info, my Dad is John Kiblin I am his Daughter and I also love to do Genealogy to. My Dad joined the Whorrall website. I go on his account once in a while to see what is new.

Thank you again for the info. I really appricate it.

Kristen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.