Search for content in message boards

ALLINGHAM

ALLINGHAM

robert allingham (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2009 5:18AM GMT
Surnames: ALLINGHAM
am trying to find william ernest allingham born jan 3 1888 london. left u.k. for usa after ww1 any living relatives
Posted: 17 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2003 2:23AM GMT
london england
my mother is an allingham.
father rex, son of guy arthur
would love to share information.
pauliparv@aol.com

Re: ALLINGHAM

Lilian Bowker (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2002 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Allingham, Lucas, Stewart
Hello from New Zealand,

I am descended from Caroline Allingham, born approx. 1848 in London we believe, daughter of Abraham Allingham and Caroline Warby. Her brothers and sisters were William, Abraham, John, Allan, Charles, Ellen and Johanna. She emigrated to New Zealand and married Charles Lucas and then Robert Stewart, their oldest child was Mary Stewart, my grandmother.

I believe that Abraham Allingham was the son of Abraham and Elizabeth Light, who were married in Surrey approx. 1809

If you have any connections, I would love to hear from you.

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Allingham, Gunter
Hi, my name is Gail, and my Great Great Grandmother is Johanna Allingham, she came to NZ in 1873 and married in 1874 to a John Gunter. Please contact me at gandjstubbing@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 3:46AM GMT
I am Pauline.My Grandfather Was Rex Guy Allingham,borne in Oregon I believe 1891. His father was Arthur Guy allingham and his father I believe was George Allingham from Kentucky.
I have tried to locate George but have had no luck.
Do any of your Allingham's come to America? I will wait to hear from you.
Sincerely
Pauline

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 5:02AM GMT
Hi, I'm not yet sure if any of my Allinghams went to America or not, I am in the process of researching the family, the children of Abraham and Caroline would have been born around 1847ish onwards, it dosnt look like they had a son George, but if I come up with anything I will let you know.

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Allingham
My name is Gail Porter. My ggrandfather was Horatio Cleland Allingham, born in Kentucky in 1823. His father was George Allingham.

George lived and married Ruth Feland/Fielding in Barren Co, Kentucky in 1820. I am not sure where he was born. It could be 1784 in Prince George's Co, Maryland. (I'm still working on this.) He died in Warren Co, Illinois in 1873 and is buried in Silent Home Cemetery.

Arthur Guy is the son of David Warren Allingham, one of Horatio's brothers. George and Ruth had 10 children. I hope I've broken through a brick wall for you.

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 10:37PM GMT
Yhank you so much. Your information matches some of mine. Do you have the names of all brothers and sisters born to George and Ruth?
I have some information if you are interested.
Thank you
Pauline

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 10:49PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2012 11:20PM GMT
Hi, Pauline. This became longer than I planned. George is my 3rd Great Grandfather.
O Here is what I have on George and Ruth Allingham:
George – b Jul 9, 1784 in Prince George’s, Maryland; d Nov 1, 1873 in Warren, Illinois
Ruth – b Mar 30, 1802 in Warren, Kentucky; d Feb 6, 1874 in Warren, Illinois; m Sep 11, 1820 in Glasgow, Barren, Kentucky

Children:

John J – b Aug 2, 1821 in Warren, Kentucky; d bef 1900; m (1) Elizabeth Calloway on Nov, 9, 1847 in Bowling Green, Warren, Kentucky, (2) Catherine Young in 1865 in Ray Missouri

Horatio Cleland – b Dec 6, 1823 in Warren, Kentucky; d Aug 15, 1908 in Warren, Illinois; m Sarah Jane Whitman on Aug 12, 1848

William W – Mar 15, 1826 in Warren, Kentucky; d Sep 8, 1906 in Lane, Oregon; m Sarah Bramwell on Aug 12, 1855 in Linn, Oregon

David Warren – b Dec 25, 1827 in Warren, Kentucky; d Jul 2, 1918 in Junction City, Lane, Oregon; m Margaret Jane Davidson on Jun 26 1853 in Polk, Oregon

Joseph F – b Dec 6, 1829 in Warren, Kentucky

Mary Ann – b Jul 16, 1832 in Bowling Green, Warren, Kentucky; d Mar 14, 1904 in North Bend, Dodge, Nebraska; m William John Thomas Wallace on Mar 24, 1867 in Kelly, Warren, Illinois

Thomas Jefferson – b Aug 16, 1834 in Warren, Kentucky; m Mary Elizabeth Twadell on Mar 24, 1867 in Union, Oregon

Stephen H – b Dec 8, 1836 in Warren, Kentucky; d 1908 in Platte City, Platte, Missouri; m Sarah A Hodge on Sep 16, 1867 in Warren, Illinois

Nancy D – b Sep 29, 1839 in Warren, Kentucky; m Andrew J White on Feb 22, 1860 in Knox, Illinois

Winfield A – b Dec 8, 1841 in Kentucky; m Sarah A Hodge on Jun 4, 1865 in Platte, Missouri

Note: I believe that Stephen and Winfield married the same woman. I can find no info on when Winfield died. I find a record that Winfield married Sarah A Hodge. Stephen married a Mrs Sarah Allingham. I have the death certificate for Sarah A Hodge Allingham listing her husband as Stephen.

O The area I’m working on is connecting George to Stephen Allingham and Jemima Richards.

Stephen was born in Prince George’s Maryland in 1760. He married Jemima Richards on Mar 30, 1781 in Upper Marlboro, Prince George’s Maryland. Jemima was born in 1757 in Surry, North Carolina.

On Feb 10, 1800, a Jemima Allingham marries Robert Wallace in Washington, Kentucky with a son named George and a daughter named Nancy. Since Nancy Allingham was born in Washington, Kentucky, I believe that Stephen moved to Kentucky with Jemima and George. Jemima Wallace dies in 1819 in Warren Co, KY. George lived in Warren, Kentucky in 1810. Nancy gets married in Warren, Kentucky in 1811.

O Next problem: Is Stephen the son of Philip Allingham and Ann Allein Maryland. Ann dies in Prince George’s in 1761. I have no idea how the Allingham’s got to America or where they came from. Any help on that would be appreciated. Since there are so few Allingham’s in the US at that time, the research here is a little easier.

I hope this is what you are looking for. Gail

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: Allingham
Gail,
Thank you so much for the information. Unfoturnatally this is further back than I have ever been so I am of no help in this except for the David Warren Allingham.David Warren and family setteled here in Oregon George Allingham would be my 4th GreatGrandfather.
Pauline
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.