Search for content in message boards

Hight Family

Hight Family

Heather Hight (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 12:23PM GMT
I have just stumbled on to this message board and find it very interesting. I didn't realize there were so many of us. My Uncle spent the last few years doing an extensive history on our line of Hights. The first record of our line in America is with John Hight b. abt 1725 in New Kent Co. Va. He was my great great great great grandfather. If anyone is related to this line I would be very happy to hear from you. I am a histroy buff by hobby. I would enjoy any info you have to offer.

HIGHTS

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 6:52PM GMT
Hi Heather,my 5th.great grand-father is John Hights/Hites.His son was Patrick and they settled here close to my home in a place called Hites Creek.I'm in Kentucky.Maybe they could be the same.

HIGHTS

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 7:01PM GMT
Heather I just looked at my book and my John Hight comes from Virginia also.I have him born in 1729,but this may be the same one,just my date may be wrong.I have his wife as Mary ? born 1733.

Related?

Hights (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 10:34AM GMT
My gggradad was James Madison Hight, lived Amherst Va. Cabinsong @aol.com

John Hight

Heather Hight (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2001 7:07AM GMT
Hi Shirley,
Sorry It took so long to reply. I hadn't checked the message board in awhile. I believe John Hight that I am asking about was from New Kent County Virginia. He had a son named Samuel Who married a Scottish gal named Elizabeth wilson. If you want to e-mail me I'm at chilitupper@aol.com

Re: Related?

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hight, Wills, Camden
James Madison Hight and Jeals Wills were my 2nd great grandparents too. I am descended thru their daughter Letitia Black Hight who married William Sidney Camden (son of John Duncan Camden and Mary Fountain Davenport). I have James M. Hight's parents as John Hight and Elizabeth Camden. John Hight's parents were Matthew Hight and Nancy. Elizabeth's parents were John Camden and Meonie Wright. Did these Hight's migrate from New Kent to Amherst Co?

Sylvia
SylviaCamdenRay@aol.com

Re: Hight Family

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 1:16AM GMT
I have traced my family to New Kent Co Virginia. My great great great grandfather is John Hight. He moved to Coffeeville (Yalobusha County) Mississippi in the late 1800's. Does this sound like I am your distant cousin? If so, I would love any information you have regarding the Hight family in Virginia and before (did the hight family in Virginia stem from the John Hight that came to America as a headright passanger in the 1600's?

Posted: 3 Dec 2007 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: Hight
In my line, I have a John Hight b 17 Jan 1725/26 born in New Kent Co., Virginia. He was my 6th Great Grandfather. Would love to share information.

Please eMail me at mermaid0942@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Sandi Wilmot Barron on the Oregon coast

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 3:54PM GMT
Yes we are related your John Hight is my gggggrand father. My name his Heather Hight. I replyed to this thread through my daughters account.

Posted: 6 Oct 2010 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Hight
My great grandmother was Josephine Hight.Her father was James Bennett Hight,and it goes back to John Hight. Sylvia Lewis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.