Search for content in message boards

Adolphus Wheeler

Adolphus Wheeler

Posted: 28 Jul 2001 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Wheeler

Eagle Democrat 24 December 1947

Adolphus Wheeler

Adolphus Wheeler, 66, died Thursday, December 18, at his home in Warren. He was born in Cleveland county April 20, 1871 and was a member of the Baptist church.

Surviving Mr. Wheeler are his wife, Mrs. Minnie Wheeler; two sons, Carl and J. R. Wheeler of Warren; and one brother, Burl Wheeler of Kansas.

Services were held Friday afternoon at 2 at Hopewell with Rev. R. A. Rainey of Fordyce officiating with Rev. Stacey Owens, Rev. C. B. Carter, Rev. L. B. Moseley, and Rev. Ralph Parnell assisting.

Pallbearers were Lovett R. Reaves, Eddie B. Dawkins, Mack Raymer, John Weeks, Dean Nevels, and T. A. Edwards.

Those in charge of the flowers were Mrs. Noel Parrott, Mrs. Durwood Guice, Mrs. Dean Nevels, Mrs. Adolph Edwards, Mrs. Mack Raymer, Mrs. Ben Barnett, Mrs. Inez Carroway, Mrs. Bryan Trammell, and Mrs. John Weeks.

Re: Adolphus Wheeler

Posted: 3 Dec 2007 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wheeler, Kelly, Fike
Hey A. Emery, Adolphus Wheeler is my Great Uncle, Burl his brother is my Great Grandfather. Iam sending a Family portrat of the Wheeler Family and one of Adolphus and Minnie. On the pic. of the Wheeler Family I know that upper left is Burl and next to him is Allie, bottom left is Adolphus than is Nancy and James Wheeler my Great, Great Grandparents. If you have any info on them I sure would apprieciate it for the exchange. I hope this helps you.
Attachments:

Posted: 7 Dec 2007 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: WHEELER, BURKE, SAUNDERS
I am also researching this Wheeler family. I descend from a daughter of Elias and Hannah Wheeler.

Christianna Wheeler md. James R. Burke.

Christianna is buried, with many of her family members at Wheeler Springs Cemetery.

I live in Warren. I know a few of my Wheeler cousins here, would like to know more.

Posted: 7 Dec 2007 6:06AM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler, Kelly, Fike
Hey Cuz, This is fantastic a real relative and you live in Warren. I haven't been there since I was 4yrs old and I am 48 now. I am planning on coming there but not anytime soon. I want to put a new headstone on my Aunt Jeanette Fike's grave. Seems it got destroyed. My Grandmother Floy Wheeler Fike told me that the Wheeler family founded Wheeler Springs and built the original church and lived nearby close to the spring, they used for water. Elias & Hannah are my Great, Great, Great Grandparents. Christianna (I love that name) is James's older sister and James's son Burl Wheeler is the Father of my Grandmother. I am stuck,I figured out that Elias and Hannah were born in Georgia, Which is where I live, and that the years of their birth are for Elias abt 1813 and Hannah abt 1814 but I do not know where. Have you got that info? Or maybe face me in the right direction. My email is galake@peoplepc.com, email me and I'll give you my 800 number and we can compare notes. This is so exciting. Talk at you later, Glenda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.