Search for content in message boards

M. Fernandes

M. Fernandes

Posted: 26 Jul 2007 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fernandes, De Freites
She is my great grand mother. b.in Mederia, Portugal went to Guyana don't know the year she was born but it has to be in the late 1800[may be around 1880 or so]because she married and start having children in the early 1900. She married to a De Freitas I hope some one can ,

Re: M. Fernandes

Posted: 9 Sep 2007 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: DaSilva, Fernandes, Fernandez
I have a similar issue with my family tree, I have Alma DaSilva, marrying a John Fernandes, I know Alma's mother was Mary DaSilva b 1874 d 1979, she was also from Mederia she cme to the WI as an Endentured Servant, but I can find no ship list or manifests relating to arrival in British Guiana. If you find any Source of this type of Information I would love a copy.
I am at Robert.lowe2@ntlworld.com

Re: M. Fernandes

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 5:02PM GMT
I just found out that my great mother [Maria Fernandes] was Maria DaSilva she and two sisters came from Mederia. I also know that they are connected to the Fernandes, not by blood,but as family comming from the same part of the world if you know what I mean. As far as I know, they came on the same ship. I've connected my cousin in Guyana and ask her to go to the church and see if she can get the records from the preist. I'll share the info with you. In the mean time if you have any info on the DaSilva I'm hopping you we can share with me. My e-mail cherylfats@aol.com Are the DaSliva and Fernandes you are speaking of is from Guyana too? If so i can connect my in Canada and see what she knows. Hope to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.