Search for content in message boards

Hardy and Mary Maddox/Mattox

Hardy and Mary Maddox/Mattox

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking info on Hardy Maddox and his wife, Mary. I have very limited info as I am trying to help a friend. Hardy and Mary were teachers in Salisaw, OK. I have been told that he fought in the Civil War and that she taught Indians. They had a daughter named Vera Maddox Dasher Boston (she married several times). Vera had a daughter named Mary Joan (JoAnn) Dasher married a Stocum. Any help or input is greatly appreciated. There are many family stories, but nothing verifiable. Hardy and Mary may have lived in MO or AR at one time. Thanks in advance for any help. Sincerely, Sarah

Re: Hardy and Mary Maddox/Mattox

Mary Mealer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2006 4:19AM GMT
Hardy Mattox (Mattax) is my great father and is married to Mary McMinn They are buried in Duncan Cemetery in Sallisaw Ok. I have alot of info on them. Mary

Posted: 20 Oct 2006 7:51PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. Would you be willing to share your info? I am helping a friend research this family and although I have heard a TON of interesting family stories I have been unsuccessful in proving any of those stories to be true. I appreciate any help you may provide. Thanks, Sarah

Mary Mealer (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2006 2:03PM GMT
The Hardy Mattox and Mary Mcminn are listed in the rootsweb and this couple is my great-great grandparents. They are buried in Duncan Cemetery in Sallisaw ok. You can pull up the cemetery and see their names. It is a very interesting story , because of the names listed there. I have her death certificate. Their son Tonnie Mattox is my grandfather His wife was Georgia McCracken. My mother was Mary Elizabeth Mattox. The tombstone of Hardy and Mary show their last name spelled Mattax. I also have a picture of Hardy.

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: MATTAX
My ggfather is Hardy Mattax, ggmother Mary Ellen McMinn; Hardy b. 1837, Mary b. 1863. Need more agreeing info.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 8:39PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2013 8:41PM GMT
My dad is Vera Bostons grandson, Billy Hogan. I'm looking for some info and pictures. My grandma is Patricia Dasher (Veras daughter) So PLEASE E-Mail Me if You get anything.
Thanks! My uncles name is Merle Stocum Jr he's Veras grandson too.

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 6:52PM GMT
Hello Mary,

Have you done any research on Mary McMinn's parents -- William C. McMinn and Nancy? I believe Nancy's maiden name was Patterson. Do you know when Nancy McMinn may have died? It would have been after 1880 and probably before 1900. In the 1880 census she's in Finley in Christian County.

My grandmother was Lola Bessie McMinn. She was the daughter of William and Nancy's youngest child John Douglas McMinn (1867 - 1950).

Thanks!
Cynthia

Posted: 2 Feb 2014 3:50PM GMT
Hi Mary,
Hardy Mattox is my great grandfather and my direct ancestor is Addie May Mattox, his daughter by Loduska Officer, his first wife. I estimated his marriage to Mary McMinn as 1888 since their first child was born in 1889 (Edith being the child of Mary and Stephen Melton). Do you have a marriage record? I would love to have some documentation for their marriage. Also you mentioned her death certificate. I have her info as: Death 21 Jun 1945 in Sallisaw, Sequoyah Co, Oklahoma. Is that correct. My Ancestry.com username is marthacoleman23 and my tree is called Coleman-Martin Online. Thank for any info you can share.
Martha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.