Search for content in message boards

Rachel Mt. Pleasant Family of Tuscarora Reservation in Lewiston, NY

Rachel Mt. Pleasant Family of Tuscarora Reservation in Lewiston, NY

Joel Clark, Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2005 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mt. Pleasant, Gansworth, Gansevoort, Bunker
Looking for information and pictures of my GG Grandmother, Rachel (Gansworth) Mt. Pleasant on the Tuscarora Reservation in Lewiston, NY, and any information on her family line. She died in the early 1940's. She had up to 12 children. One of those was Minerva "Minnie" A. Mt. Pleasant, who was adopted to the Joseph Bunker family, who lived on the reservation. I'm trying to find Minnie's siblings names and whatever became of them and why she was adopted out. I am also looking for anyone who may know where I can get any pictures of Rachel and her family. I have some info, but need to fill in the missing areas. Also, any info on the Bunker family who are laid to rest in Pekin, NY.

Re: Rachel Mt. Pleasant Family of Tuscarora Reservation in Lewiston, NY

Posted: 19 Apr 2005 6:35PM GMT
I was most interested in your message regarding the Mt.Pleasant family in Lewiston on the reservation. When I was a teenager, I attended school with a girl named Patty or Pattie Mt.Pleasant. She was my best friend during the time we were together in Buffalo. I would love to reconnect with her. She returned to the reservation sometime in late 1956 or early 1957. Do you have any information about her?

Colleen

Joel Clark, Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2005 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mt. Pleasant
I'm sorry, I don't. You may try a telephone directory search or, God Forbid any positive hits, a SSAN Death Index search. She could have married. Trying to find a marriage record in NY State for anything under 50 years is near-about impossible unless you are a direct line family member. I'll hold onto your reply and if I come across anything, I'll be very happy to let you know.
Joel Clark, Sr.
95 Pine Street
Houtzdale, PA 16651

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 4:50PM GMT
Thank you. My e-mail address is:
fryes@cox.net
and my address is:
15019 W. Huron Dr.
Sun City West, Az. 85375
623-546-0514
Colleen

Posted: 3 May 2005 5:35PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2006 1:55AM GMT
There was a Minerva Mt. Pleasant that was the daughter of Hamilton Mt.Pleasant and Adella Henry.

Check out this web page:

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=ejensen

THere may be information on there, you can also contact me off line and I may be able to give you the name of a contact person.

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 12:23PM GMT
Are you still looking for this info, I am able to help you, I work with alot of Tuscarorians and can ask. I work with a Mt Pleasant for Tusc. Reservation

Joel Clark (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2005 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Mt. Pleasant
Yes, please...I am very interested !!! Any help you could give would be wonderful. If you need any help in what to ask your friends, please e-mail me direct at jdcslc@pennswoods.net

Joel Clark, Sr.
95 Pine Street
Houtzdale, PA 16651
814-378-6289
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.