Search for content in message boards

Richard and James Ellis

Richard and James Ellis

Posted: 6 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: ELLIS
Looking for information which would connect Richard Ellis who settled Ellisburg in Casey County and James Ellis who settled Ellisville in Nicholas County. I believe these to be brothers. James has two daughters who married brothers of Daniel Boone. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks

Ellis Family

Posted: 7 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:17PM GMT
You are correct according to information in my files from several years ago on the Ellis Family.Richard and James were brothers. Richard B. Norfolk, Va. D. 1827 M. Elizabeth Jones1795 in Harrison co. Ky.Richard Ellis was to takes 456,000 Acres of land and survey and locate this land near waters of Ohio and lay off in tracts not to exceed 10,000 acres each and said Richard Ellis to be entitled to one third of all land; said Richard procured five large tracts in counties of Fayette and Lincoln land about 30 miles above Boonesborough the eldest settlement in the Ky Co. Two brothers came with Richard one at Forkland and one at Ruseel Springs Russell Co.James settled at Ellisville Nicholas Co. B. ca 1755 D. 1827 M. Mary Peyton ca 1774 B. ca 1757 D. 1834 had 12 children Two daughter married Abner and Joab Boone brothers of Daniel Boone

James Ellis

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:17PM GMT
James Ellis was B. 24 Sept. 1799 and D. 1844 M. Emaline Bailey Feb. 1832 She was born ca 1810 and D. 1857 d/o Ralph Bailey and Delilah Smith. Ralph was the son of Thomas Bailey and Mary Lyol. Do you have a Forkland Heritage Book or can you get access to one. The James Ellis Family is covered well in that book. He lived next to the Cox's scholl in Casey Co. and is buried in a family graveyard by the home. He is thought to be a brother of Richard. Let me know if you need more information.

James and Richard Ellis

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2003 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Preston, Ellis, Minor, Bailey
Hi Eula Ray,
Do you have anything on my James Ellis who married Emmaline Bailey? James was born abt 1799, in Casey co. Was he related to the Ricahrd and James in your email? Hope to see you again at the Fesitval this year.

Diane

James Ellis

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2003 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: preston, ellis, minor, bailey
if you have any more information i would love to have it. i don't have a forkland book. I would really love to know who james parents were. Where is the cemetary located? I'm really having fun with the Preston side of the family. I have got as far back as John, but can't find out anything on his parents.

Diane

Re: Ellis Family

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 4:23PM GMT
Abner and Joab actually were sons of Joseph Boone, Jr., who was a first cousin to Daniel Boone.

Re: James Ellis

Posted: 29 Sep 2011 8:58AM GMT
Hi I was reading your posts and got confused.. studying Ellis family.. Is James Ellis of Nicolas Co Ellisville the brother of Richard Ellis of Ellisburg Casey Co... or has it been established that is not true... ?? would appreciate clearing this up....
Thank you ..
Julie..

Re: James Ellis

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 5:50PM GMT
There's no clear indication that the two men were brothers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.