Search for content in message boards

Van Wassenhove

Van Wassenhove

Posted: 12 Apr 2003 8:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information aboutthe family Van Wassenhove originally coming from the region of Aaigem, Haaltert, Herzele, Aalst, Erembodegem, Oudenaarde.

If you are looking for information, historical or background or simply a guidance in your search through our region I'll be glad to help you.

Re: Van Wassenhove

Denise (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2003 1:34AM GMT
There are several VAN WASSENHOVE listed in "Belgian Laces" a Belgian-American Genealogical Publication.
Since I am presently indexing several years of this, I could look up given names for you. My paternal family FRANSAER came from Aalst and Erembodegem.
Denise

philippe de schrijver (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2003 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Van Wassenhove
I'm from Erembodegem and my family is named Van Wassenhove.
Maybe we are related.
Greetings
Phil

liezelot (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2003 7:38AM GMT
Beste,
Weet u soms meer over Notaris J. Van Wassenhove ? Hij moet geboren zijn eind 19e eeuw, werkzaam in Gent en gestorven tijdens Wereldoorlog 2 (+/- 1943). Zijn familie was afkomstig uit de omgeving van Gent. Naar wij vernomen hebben, was hij gescheiden van zijn eerste vrouw en had hij een zuster die in Schaarbeek woonde. Als u ons hierover meer kan vertellen, dan kan u mij altijd een e-mailtje sturen.
Met vriendelijke groeten
Liezelot Thiry

Luc Van Wassenhove (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2003 1:25PM GMT
My name is Luc Van Wassenhove, Wassenhovestraat 18, B-9620 Zottegem Belgium. To my opinion the very beginning of our family should be somewhere around my place; Leeuwergem and Grotenberge (Breivelde). In our neighbourhood the fields are officially called "Wassenhove" and there is also at least for Belgian standards a rather big farm in our place.

Michael E. Van Wasshnova (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2003 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Claus, Coppens, Ost, Sterck, Van den Steen, Van Wassenhove
Hello Everyone,

I came across your messages yesterday and felt I must reply to one and all. I am a descendent of the Van Wassenhove family and live in Ypsilanti, Michigan USA. I have been researching the Van Wassenhove and the various families that they married for close to five (5) years. I have information dating back to the early 1600's concerning the family.

Mr. Jean Marc, my family also came from Aaigem and Haaltert, along with Burst. My great-great grandfather Carolus (Charles) Van Wassenhove was born in Aaigem. He married Dorothea Sterck in Haaltert where she and their sons, one of whom was my great grandfather Judocus (Joseph) Van Wassenhove, were born. Carolus and Dorothea had three sons born while in Haaltert. In 1844 the family immigrated to the US.

Mr. Luc, my wife and I have visited the farm that you spoke of in your message. When we were there in December 1998, two (2) elderly gentlemen owned the farm and raised champion draft horses. I have spent much time trying to determine if indeed this is the birthplace of the Van Wassenhove family name, but have to this date found no proof of such.

If any of you would care to share information, I would definitely work with you.

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 3:22PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Van Wassenhove- Van De Couter
Hi,
My great great grand mother was sophie Van Wassenhove from Belgium, she married Francisco (or Frances I think) Van de Couter from Belgium too. They had my grat grand father Camilo Van de Couter married to Emma De Volder who emmigrate to my country Argentina. I want to trace Sophie's roots to build my family tree, I don't know where to start coz I couldn't find anything about Sophie on the net. If there is something u can do for helping me I would be really greatfull.
Thanks.
Carlak76
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.