Search for content in message boards

Surnames in Essex place called Brightlingsea

Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 8:58AM GMT
Surnames: -
I am looking for Surnames in Essex place called Brightlingsea or places near by.
Anyone searching these names I would love to hear from.

Jane Fensome (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 8:59AM GMT
Surnames: SIMONS, THOMAS, KNAPMAN
Hi, just saw your post re Brightlingsea and surnames including Simons. I live near Brightlingsea and have just begun researching my family tree. Haven't got very far! The last three generations of my family were based in East Anglia, Portsmouth and London. My mother's side KNAPMAN/THOMAS were from Devon and Cornwall. Any of this fit?

RACHAEL THOMAS (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: KNAPMAN, THOMAS
SOUTH WALES U.K.
I DONT KNOW WHETHER I CAN HELP, BUT MY GRANDMOTHER ON MY FATHERS SIDE WAS KNAPMAN. HER MOTHER WAS BEATRICE KNAPMAN FROM EBBW VALE S. WALES AND SHE HAD TWO CHILDREN GORDON AND DOREEN KNAPMAN. GORDON AND HIS WIFE, MARGRET KNAPMAN STILL LIVE IN EBBW VALE BUT DOREEN KNAPMAN MARRIED GERALD THOMAS B.1925 (WHO WAS ORIGINALLY FROM LONDON) AND MOVED TO CALDICOT MONMOUTHSHIRE WHERE SHE STILL LIVES. I THINK SHE WAS BORN IN JANUARY 1924 AND MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER BEATRICE KNAPMAN WAS BORN IN 1901.

Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: SIMONS, BLYTH, DOVE, MORGAN, BRASTED, HOLDEN
Hi,my grandfather was Charles Morgan & grandmother Violet Blyth their parents Charles Morgan & Kate Brasted, Fredrick Blyth & Laurie Dove. Kate Brasted parents were Isiah Brasted & Maria Simons, Laurie Dove's William Dove & Maria Holden,
These families are all I know of at this stage.

Marion Ricker (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 9:01AM GMT
Surnames: KNAPMAN
I am a descendent of the Knapman's. Did any of your ancestors come to Maine, USA or NB. Canada? I have a David and Ernest. Knapman does not seem to be a very common name here in Canada so was glad to see your query. mricker@gtn.net

john simons (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: simons
my father in law has done a very extensive family history of the simons family in brighlingsea 1790 to date if this is of any interest please email ddmohican@aol.com

Gareth Knapman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 8:37PM GMT
Surnames: Knapman
My Grandad - Haydn Knapman, was born in Ebbw Vale in the 20's. Contact me for more info.

elena simons (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 10:01PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 9:02AM GMT
Surnames: simons
I am looking for some information about Robert John Simons of 1822 and his brother Francis Simons of 1835 both from England came to Russia. Francis is my great grandfather.
They had one brother more but I have no information only his photo with PBD on his sailor's cap. Whether somebody knows anything please help. I thank everybody beforehand.

Posted: 29 Apr 2003 8:16PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 9:02AM GMT
Surnames: Knapman
Hi Gareth
I too am looking for Knapmans from Ebbw Vale. Jack Knapman from Oakhampton Devon married Annie Amela Briton from Bristol Jacks father and mother were George Knapman married to Rhoda (Medland?) most of my aunts family still live around there but they have no info, Sorry your not Williams son are you? sister Susan & brother Andrew?

Posted: 7 Dec 2004 12:05PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2009 9:03AM GMT
Surnames: Holden, Bacon,
Hi Helen,
I have started researching the Holden name in Brightlingsea.Mahala Holden was my great grandmother.Her parents were Isaac Holden and Mary Bacon,Mary Bacon being Isaacs second wife.From the church records I have quite a bit of info on the Holdens should it help you.They are a difficult family aren't they!!!!
Look forward to hearing from you,
Best wishes,
Lou
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.