Search for content in message boards

Foran Bellinger Costello

Foran Bellinger Costello

BARBARA (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Foran, Bellinger, Costello, Etu, Sisco, Kruse
Hi.. My name is Barbara and I have recently started researching my Foran genealogy. I am looking for any information or connections.

My mother was Jacqueline Alice Foran (1932-1996), daughter of John Michael Foran (1902-1946) & Marion (Kruse)(1909-1997).

John Michael Foran was the son of John Alexander Foran (b. 1872) & Alice (Bellinger)(1876-1947) and was one of 14 children. His siblings names are: Fern, Alice, Margaret, Kenneth, Mildred, Milton, Vernicia (m. Victor Etu), Dan (m. Janet), Ester, Helen, Jane, Fred, Jimmy.

John A. Foran (b. 1872) is believed to have been born in Renfrew, Ontario, moving to Saginaw or Gladwin Michigan as a young boy. John A. Foran was one of 11 children, born to William Foran (b. abt 1840) and Mary (Costello). William died a relatively young man, about 1889. William's wife Mary died in 1918.

I don't have any names of William Foran's parents or siblings.

Mary (Costello) Foran had atleast 3 brothers at the time of her death in 1918. They were: Thomas Costello of Hartford, Washington; Daniel Costello of Madawaska, Ont.; and William Costello of Renfrew, Ont.

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: ETU, HETU
Victor Louis ETU born 21 Jul 1904 St-Joseph Ontario, married Vernicia Foram 5 Oct 1929 place Unknown. Victor Louis died 14 Aug 1964. He remarried Dale Schnabel.

Known children by Vernicia: Victorine, Judith Kae, Lawrence, Cathy R., Dennis, Sharon, Maureen, Martin J.

Victor Louis Etu (m. 18 Jan 1898 St-Joseph Ont.)was the son of Edward Hetu & Anna Brisson.
Edward Hetu (m. 18 Jan 1898 St-Joseph Ont.) was the son of Levi Olivier Hetu & Esther Desrosiers.
Levi Olivier Hetu (m. 7 Feb 1857 St-Joseph Ont.)son of Pierre Hetu & Genevieve Charpentier.
Pierre Hetu (m. 13 Jan 1817 Ste-Elisabeth Qc) son of Pierre
Hetu & Ursule Telmosse.
Pierre Hetu (m. 27 Jun 1790 Lavaltrie Qc) son of Jean Baptiste Hetu & Catherine Robillard.
Jean Baptiste Hetu (m. 17 Nov 1749 Lanoraie Qc) son of Jean Baptiste Estu & Marguerite Gauthier.
Jean Baptiste Estu (m. 12 May 1727 St-Sulpice Qc) son of Georges Estu & Marie Loyseau.
Georges Estu (m. 9 Feb 1699 Boucherville Qc) son of Jean Estu & Claire Cordier.
Jean Estu b. 7 Oct 1637 Notre-Dame-Du-Havre, Normandie, France (m. 27 Jan 1654 N.D.-Du-Havre, Normandie, France)
Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Costello, Price, Brown, Wallace, Carnegie
Do you know anything about your Mary's brother William Costello? My Gr Gr Gr Grandfather was William Costello of Westmeath, Renfrew County, Ontario. I don't know anything about him but that he had a son Simon born 1844 in Westmeath, died about 1922, married Elizabeth Brown. Simon & Elisabeth's children: Simon, William Robert (Maria Carnegie), Hackett (Isabel Wallace), Mary (John Wallace), Elizabeth (Samuel Price), Jennie (William Price), & Pearl (Edward George Wallace) all born aroung Westmeath, Ont. Do any of these names sound familiar?
Kelly
ksmith@adesso.com

Re: Foran Bellinger Costello

Posted: 8 Dec 2001 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 4:26PM GMT
If you are stillseeking information on the Foran-Bellinger family, I am also related. I would be happy to help.

George

Re: Costello

Posted: 10 Jan 2003 3:46PM GMT
Hello,

My mother is a Costello (Maureen) her father James Henry Costello and mother Frances Daly and her ancestors settled in the Ottawa valley (Canada). My grandfather James's father was named William and married to Sarah McPeake. I believe two brothers came from Ireland and settled on the 16th concession in Killaloe, Ontario (very close to Renfrew). Apparently, one of these Costello brothers, family moved away to Brudenell. There are Costello's in Ottawa, Eganville, Brudenell, Chatham, Kingston, Calgary Alberta, Vancouver Island. I don't know them all but I know alot of them. There are probably lots still down east. I am thinking the bunch in the states may have started out here.

One of the early settlers (second generation I think, but not sure) had 14 children (this is why we are spread all over North America)... and I think they named them all James, William, Jack, and John... This is the reason we are all having such trouble chasing our roots. We definately need DOB's and DOD's...

I was also told the first William was married to a Margaret Murphy but not sure on this one. I though this is the line I came from but still not sure. Anyways any Costellos out there that might be lonely shouldn't be because even if we don't know each other....I think we are all related (back to the one with 14 children) and probably each have about 1000 cousins we don't know.

If anyone out there has started a good family tree I would love to hear from your and give any info. I can as well.

Take care cousins,
Jo-Anne

Re: Foran Bellinger Costello

Posted: 22 May 2005 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Costello/Kennedy
Very intrested in your Mary Costello's brothers. Seeking William M Costello ?1859, Have been aware of Thomas in Hartford by census, can you please share? You are the first possible connection I've found.
Susan
Posted: 6 Mar 2012 5:11AM GMT
Vernicia's children were Victorine and Judith. The others listed above were her grandchildren by Victorine.

Vernicia was also known as "Mickey" by the members of the family. Don't ask about why "Mickey" because I have no idea. Never heard why,either.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.