Search for content in message boards

Samuel Lowman Esq and Letita Woods

Lowman Lineage

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Oct 2003 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Lowman
I have the same Lowman line that you are researching. I have much information that Velma Lowman Foushee sent me years ago and some typed manuscripts from other researchers that talk about Mary being captive by the Indians and how George Lowman claimed her Indian step son in the will.

The link I am listing below will give you part of the information I have...if you wish I can mail you the transcript it is very interesting as it is the Lowman of past generations researching our branch.

Sincerely,
Julie Welty

Samuel Lowman

Edited: 7 Apr 2002 10:10PM GMT
Hi Michael,

According to a book published by Velma Lowman Foshee(who has since died)Samuel married Letitia Woods 6-14-1716. They had 3 children:
Joseph, Samuel and William

Joseph had one know child; Ann Lowman who married John Brown

Samuel had 6 children: Phillip, Richard, James, Geo, John, Josias

William believed to have died as a child

I believe that I am related to the 3rd Samuel who had 6 children. My ggggrandfather was George who had Ehraim who had who had Emanuel Lowman who married Mariah Hunt. I do not have too much proof after Emanuel who married Mariah. It has been a difficult search and I only have the clues from Velma's book. Let me know if there is anything that you want me to copy. I can't copy the whole book because it is probably over 100 pages of just charts.

Happy Holiday,
Laura Allen
1310 Paseo Anacapa
San Dimas, CA 91773
glallen@earthlink.net

Samuel Lowman Esq and Letita Woods

Michael J. Lorman (View posts)
Surnames: Woods, Lowman
Samuel Lowman Sr. (? - ?) & Letitia Wood (? - ?) are listed with their information on this home page. Please visit and see if this will help your research.

Re: Samuel Lowman

laura louise (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: lowman
i am samuel lowman's great x7 grand-daughter. email me
thanks lets talk.

jon wohlford (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2001 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Smith Lott Breckenridge, Cates,Coates,Gibsons, an me Wohlford
lowmans, u are on the right track, My wifes Gfatherwaw Ephriam Lowman that settled in Clay Co. Mo, Town of Smithvile. They connected into the Washington Scott Family and many of the decendents still live here.. Ill correspond when able.
Regardsx Jon Wohlford

Re: Samuel Lowman Esq and Letita Woods

kathy gardner (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2001 4:41AM GMT
hi, in reply to you looking for some ans to samuel lowman and letita woods.... i have a samuel and letita in my family.. samuel was my G G G G Grandfather.. if you would like i can give you the infotmation i have... please let me know.. looking forward to hearing from you ...
kathy gardner

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 7:43PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 5:30AM GMT
hi.. i have done a lot of search on the lowmans and i have found alot of them..i have samuel in my line too... my great grandmother was a lowman and she married a moses bailey, please e-mail me so we can compare notes kathy

Posted: 6 May 2003 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Lowman
Hi, I looking for my 5grandfather. Name is Adam Lowman born sometime between 1748-1780. In you search, have you happen to find him?

Re: Samuel Lowman Esq and Letita Woods

Posted: 29 Aug 2006 11:00PM GMT
Dear Michael,
I hope you see this message. I just wanted to thank you for jump-starting my research on the Lowman/Lormans. It certainly would have taken much more time for me to run down all of your excellent material "cold". As it has been in my case, I've been able to verify much of you material independently through original documents and have added info to your trees.
One such case is Letitia Wood, daughter of Joseph Wood, Sr & Francina Herman. Francina was the daughter of Augustine Herman (who named Bohemia Manor in MD, among other things). Joseph was the son of William Wood & Susannah Stubbens Markel. William was one of the founders of Darby, Delaware Co. (formerly Chester Co.) PA (not far from where we live).
Another Samuel & Letitia Lowman descendant, Perry Lowman married Susannah Hamm (daughter of John Hendrick Ham & Susannah Stout).
I could go on and on...thanks to you I can contibute so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Please feel free to contact me & will be happy to share.
Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.