Search for content in message boards

Williams Family from Portsea, England

Williams Family from Portsea, England

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, - Lakin - Coombs.
I am looking to find information on my G.Grandparents William J Williams & Mary Ann Lakin. William was born in Portsea, England. & Mary Ann was born in St. Helier, Jersey, Channel Isles;
William & Mary Ann were also married at St. Helier, Jersey, Channel Isles, in 1866, all help would be very appreciated.

Re: Williams Family from Portsea, England

Posted: 29 Aug 2009 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Boysen
Hello, I have only recently started researching my ancestry, and am trying to determine if the Clara who was sister to your great-grandfather might be my great-grandmother, Clara Jemima Williams. Would you happen to know if she married Friedrich Christian Boysen (from Germany but in Australia when he married)? Many thanks for any information you are able to share.

Posted: 9 Sep 2009 4:30AM GMT
Clara was also sister to my GGrandmother, Alice Mary Williams. Clara was born 1870 in Jersey and married Friedrich Christian Boysen in 1890 in Melbourne (Fitzroy I think). Are you the person I just responded to via VOX?

Posted: 9 Sep 2009 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: williams
Hi Tony, yes, thanks for getting in touch! I don't know anything about Clara's family except what I'm guessing, as a result of other posts (yours included - thank you!) found through this site as well as the St Helier Church Baptism Register, 1st January 1863 – 21st May 1871 at the Jersey Heritage Trust - http://jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je/, which I came upon when googling her full name. I've just been piecing together clues, though.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.