Search for content in message boards

Campbell, Akin, Starr

Campbell, Akin, Starr

Lucy Daughtry (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2003 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell, Akin, Starr
William Campbell (possibly son of Richard H. and Rachel Campbell) married Polly Akin May 27, 1818 in Williamson Co. TN. Polly Vance Akin was born 17 Dec 1800 in Williamson County to Samuel Akin and Dorcas Starr. Both William Campbell and Samuel Akin are listed in the 1820 census for Hickman County, TN. Can anyone tie these bits of info together? I am trying to find the parents of my Ggrandfather, Duncan Campbell born 1819, probably in either Williamson or Hickman County, father's name William.
I would very much appreciate any help. Thanks, Lucy

Re: Campbell, Akin, Starr

Posted: 31 Jan 2006 4:03AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2006 8:34PM GMT
Where did you pick up the information that William Campbell married Polly Akin in 1818 in Williamson County, TN? And where did you get that Duncan's father's name was William? Would really be interested if this is personal family information or picked up on the internet. Contact me at lindaorourke0015@yahoo.com

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 10:41AM GMT
Lucy....the William that married Polly Akien was the from Richard Campbell.[contact lindaorouke listed on this board for futher info on this line]. That William and the one listed in the 1820 Hickman census were not the same person. That William was born in 1776 NC and was married to a Jane ?.[not Huddleston]. Had sons John, James, Lewis,Joseph D, William M, Hiran H, Richard and Duncan. It didn't help that these Campbell's had children with the same names. Keeps everyone confused. This is just to clarify the info posted on this board and for future reference for anyone new researching the Campbell's in Hickman. Richard's line moved to Perry CO, William 1776 in Hickman. Most of Richard's line left TN. William's stayed.

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 6:30AM GMT
correction.....Joseph D was not a son of William 1776.

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 10:35AM GMT
Found this on Fold 3....service records War 1812. Duncan Campbell, 1st wife Polly Akins, 2nd wife Nancy Anderson, who he married 24 July 1827, Franklin, Williamson CO TN. 1851 in Travis CO TX....1855-71 in Bastrop CO Tx. He died 8 AP 1874 and Nancy died 15 Jan 1893. This is not the same Duncan later in Hickman. He was not married to this Polly.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.