Search for content in message boards

Dunn Family Kingswinford, Staffordshire, UK

Dunn Family Kingswinford, Staffordshire, UK

George Scott (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 6:40AM GMT
Seeking ancestry of Joseph Dunn a shoemaker born Delph, Staffordshire in 1792 later lived at Moor Lane, Brockmoor, Kingswinford. Son Thomas was born in 1818

Dunn's in Staffordshire

Mike McCusker (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 7:58AM GMT
Hi,
My grandfather (Cyril Dunn) lived in Meir in Staffs. He once told me that his earliest memory was of holding a candle whilst his father repaired shoes - could be the same family. I could check with my grandmother who is still alive - let me know.

Dunns of Kingswinford

Posted: 13 Jan 2001 8:10AM GMT
Mike, The only Dunn who I found who was a shoemaker was my earliest member of the family located to date, Joseph who was born at Delph in the late 1700's. Do you want me to e-mail you a list of decendants? George.

Dunns

Mike McCusker (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 5:54AM GMT
Yes please I will run it by my grandma
send to mmc@highway.demon.co.uk

Thomas Dunn

Julia McArthur (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2001 9:58AM GMT

my ggg grandparents came from Stowe Scotlandif you have any infor to share plaease contact me i have 7 generation here
Thanks

Dunn's in Staffordshire

Betty Willard (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 11:21PM GMT
My great grandparents George Edward Dunn & Mary Ann Guy were married in St. Mary's church in Staffordshire, Kingwinsford, England. I don't have a lot of info but my mother went to the church a few years ago to look up information so I can give you what we have if you are interested

Dunns of Kingswinford, Staffordshire.

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 7:30AM GMT
Betty, I don't know of a George Dunn in the family however if you have details of his parents or children I may be able to make a connection. If you wish I will be happy to send you a list of the Dunns I've traced to date in Kingswinford. There were a few Dunn families in the area in the 1800s that do not appear to be connected.

Dunns in Kingswinford

Betty Willard (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 10:05AM GMT
George, I would love to see what you have on the Dunns in Kingswinford email me at bettywill@voyager.net thank you

Dunns

coral (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:35PM GMT
I have a James Dunn 1835 -1918 from Leicestershire who married an Emma Ann Ffoulkes 1835-1885
John Dunn 1863-1901 was their son

I have no information on James' parents.
Do any of these names and dates come to light in any of your research into the Dunns?

Re: Thomas Dunn

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Dunn
I am looking for information concerning a Thomas Dunn who had son named Roy Cornell Dunn. The senior Dunn was from Virginia(?) Roy Cornell Dunn settled in North Carolina, possibly near Hickory. Any info will help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.