Search for content in message boards

Thomas Sanderson and his wife Ann

Thomas Sanderson and his wife Ann

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2010 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: Mequiner, Sanderson
Warm Greetings
I am looking for any information you may have as to who Thomas Sanderson's wife Ann might be. I think she was Ann Butcher as I've found a marriage record for them and their birth dates and locations line up. However, there is the family name that has been carried down which is Mequiner (I've been told that it is Spanish). Someone else has listed Ann' last name as Mequiner but I have yet to find any proof that is her name - and the birth dates do not line up. Thomas is my daughters' gg grandfather. My late husband, their father, Dan Sanderson would have been Thomas' g grandson. Thank you for any info you may have.
Gloria Graf Sanderson McMurray

Re: Thomas Sanderson and his wife Ann

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 9:56AM GMT
Hi
There is a possible marriage in the national indexes
December qtr 1853 Rotherham Vol 9c Page 640
Macquenee Ann
Sanderson Thomas

(Four names on page 640, the other two people with this ref, Rupert Longden and Sarah Jackson seem to have married according to the census)
John

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 10:32AM GMT
1851 census Sheffield
Piece 2340 Folio 13 Page 17
20 New Church Street (schedule 63)
An Anne Mequiner, 15, born Sheffield
daughter of Nathaniel Mequiner,38, Engraver
(McQuina on Ancestry)
Nathaniel Mequiner is listed in directories as a copperplate printer at 20 New Church Street

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 1:03AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Thank you so very much for that information. It is exactly correct. I do not know how you found Ann Mequenee from Ann Mequiner, but bless you!

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 1:08AM GMT
This is the exact confirmation I was looking for. The Ann Mequiner I had, with different parents, did not line up according to her birth date. It should have been 1836 - the one you found with Nathaniel McQuina. (however did you find that - and yes there is a transcription error as the original name is Mequiner on the 1852 census)
The family Mequiner I originally had had Ann's birthdate as 1843 - probably a cousin and aunt and uncle - thank you so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.