Search for content in message boards

TACEY, Edmund W.

TACEY, Edmund W.

Transcriber (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: ALBEE, COLOMBE, TACEY, WHEELER
Barre - Edmund W. Tacey, 83, of East Street died November 28, 2000 at Central Vermont Medical Center, Berlin. He was born in Barre on November 18, 1917 the son of Willard and Grace (Wheeler) Tacey. He attended Barre City Schools and Spaulding High School. On May 27, 1942 he entered the U. S. Army where he served until October 4, 1945. He was in Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes and Central Europe. On January 8, 1943 he married Dorothy Colombe in Barre. After the service he returned to Barre where he was employed at Twin City Dry Cleaners for 17 years and also Cross Bakery in Montpelier. He was employed as night watchman for Jones Brothers for 10 years and then later for Sprague Electric until his retirement in 1982. He was a member of St. Monica Church.

Survivors include his wife of Barre; one son, Edmund "Ed" and his wife Nancy Tacey of Barre; two grandsons, Christopher and his wife Sarah also of Barre and Timothy and his wife Samantha of Graniteville and three grandchildren. He is also survived by three brothers, Francis of Barre; Wendell and Robert both of Windsor, CT and one sister, Pauline Albee of Waterbury Center. He was predeceased by one brother, Howard Tacey. Burial took place in Hope Cemetery, Barre.

Re: TACEY, Edmund W.

brenda (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2001 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2001 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: TACEY
just out of curiosity...is this kyle? if it is i have some information on the tacey heritage. i am also doing some work on my mothers side of the family. the soucie name is more common in the northern maine region so i have been able to collect lots of information..back to the 1600's. the tacey name seems to be more common in michigan. do we have any relatives out there? rsvp

Posted: 24 May 2002 5:07PM GMT
My grandmother was Merle Gundry. Her younger sister Grace married Walter Colombe. I do know she always said that we were related to edmund. I don't know the whole connection.
Can you help?
Donna Baker

Christina Colombe (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2006 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Tacey, Colombe, Bylow, Martel
I would say Dorothy Colombe Tacey, sister-in-law to Grace Gundry Colombe, was married to Ed Sr.

Merle Bylow Obituary
Barre, VT. - Merle Eva Bylow, 93, of Cano Drive in Barre, Vt., died Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2001, at Woodridge Nursing Home in Berlin, Vt.
She was born in Barre, Vt., on Sept. 6, 1908, the daughter of Joseph and Alice (Stacy) Colombe.
She married Vivian Bylow on Oct. 19, 1928, in Montpelier, Vt. He predeceased her in June 1975.
She attended school in Barre and worked at the Venetian and Country House Restaurants.
She enjoyed bingo, reading, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren.
Mrs. Bylow is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Carole and Howard Martel of Barre, Vt.; her sons and daughters-in-law, Lawrence and Alice Bylow of Barre, Vt., and Arthur and Joan Bylow of Rouses Point, N.Y.; her sister, Dorothy Tacey of Barre, Vt.; eight grandchildren; 10 great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Along with her husband, five brothers, Harry, Joseph, Walter Louis, Walter Alfred and Lawrence; two sisters, Nellie and Eva; and one grandson, Scott Martel, predeceased her.
Calling hours will be Sunday, Nov. 18, 2001, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Pruneau-Polli Funeral Home at 58 Summer Street in Barre, Vt. A funeral service will be held Monday, Nov. 19, 2001, at 11 a.m. at the funeral home.

Generations: used "--" for married

1 Joseph Colombe--Alice Stacy Colombe
2. Merle Colombe Bylow--Vivian Bylow, Dorothy Colombe Tacey, Harry, Joseph, Walter Louis Colombe--Grace Gundry Colombe, Walter Alfred, Lawrence, Nellie, Eva
3 Carole Bylow Martel--Howard Martel, Lawrence--Alice Bylow. Arthur--Joan Bylow
4. Scott Martel

Donna Baker (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2006 3:31PM GMT

thanks for the info. I always wondered how
edmund was related to my grandmother Merle who was Grace's sister.
If you want the info I have on Gundry;s send me email. I would like the info that you have on Colombes.

Re: Colombe, Central Vermont

Posted: 7 Apr 2007 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Colombe, Cummings, Blondin, Cadorette
A recent obituary showed the decendents of Nellie Colombe Cummings, sister of Walter L. Colombe Sr. My father, Walter L. Colombe, Jr., spoke of having an Aunt Nellie.

I believe this obit is in error in the reporting of a sister's name. I have met an Anna Blondin, a woman who seemed near the age of my grandmother, Grace Colombe. They played Bingo together.

I used to care for the children of Debra Cadorette, and I seem to remember my father stating I was related to them.

Cummings, James J., 86, of South Barre, passed away Nov. 18, at the Berlin Health and Rehabilitation Center. Born in Barre on July 18, 1920, he was the son of the late John and Nellie (Colombe) Cummings. James attended St. Monica's Catholic School in Barre and Spaulding High School. After his schooling he was employed at the Grand Union in Barre for a short time. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. After the service he returned to Barre where he was employed at Sprague Electric for several years as a foreman. His last employment was at Rock of Ages Corp. as a polisher. On Nov. 20, 1947, he married Lois Tousey. The couple made their home on Portland Street in Barre before moving to South Barre. Mrs. Cummings passed away on January 25, 2000. He was a member of the Barre Lodge of Elks #1535 and the American Legion where he had served as Post Commander. Survivors include one daughter, Mary Ann Cadorette of Burlington; three sisters, Helen Haun of Enfield, Conn., Ann Blondin of Barre and Mildred Sorvillo of East Hampton, Conn.; one brother, John Cummings of Colchester, Conn.; as well as nieces and nephews. Besides his wife, he was predeceased by three brothers, Richard Cummings, William Cummings and Francis Cummings, and one sister, Theresa Galvin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.