Search for content in message boards

BEATH/BEITH in Blackbird, Delaware

BEATH/BEITH in Blackbird, Delaware

Posted: 3 Apr 2002 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: BEATH/BEITH, MCMILLAN
I am hoping someone can help me locate some information on the family posted below. They emigrated to Delaware sometime between 1881 and 1898 and in letters to her sister in Ontario Mary gave her address as Blackbird, Delaware.

1 Barbara McMillan b: 23 Sep 1841 in Ormstown, Seigniory of Beauharnois, Quebec d: 27 Nov 1916 in Blackbird, Delaware
..+Daniel Beith aka: Donald Beith b: Abt. 1835 in Scotland d: Abt. 29 Nov 1889 m: Bef. 1867
....2 James Beith b: Abt. 1867 in Ontario
........+?
....2 John Beith b: Abt. 1870 in Ontario
....2 Charles Beith b: Abt. 1872 in Ontario
....2 Barbra Beith b: Abt. 1874 in Ontario
....2 Newton Beith b: Abt. 1879 in Ontario
I will gladly exchange information with on their parents and siblings with anyone with information on or connected to this family.

Dorothy

Re: BEATH/BEITH in Blackbird, Delaware

Patrick O'Neill (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2002 12:32PM GMT
I know there were a lot of Scotch/Irish from Canada that moved to the Blackbird, Delaware area for the peach and fruit industry in the late 1800s. So, I assume that is where the Beath/Beith family came from. I was associated with the archaeological work on a state road built there recently, and I did the historical framework for the area. Blackbird is a town of about 20 houses (at most) on Blackbird Creek at the southern end of Newcastle County, De.

Posted: 18 May 2002 9:20PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: BEATH, MCMILLAN
Thank you, Patrick. It's always good to find out a little bit more of the areas to which the families spread.
Daniel Beith originated in Scotland c1835, was documented in Lambton County, Ontario from before 1861 to after 1881 when he, Barbara and family apparently went to Delaware.
He was listed as a farmer while in Ontario and at the time a number of farms in the area were fruit farms so it seems quite plausible that he might have moved there for that reason. Maybe some day I'll find out for sure.

Meira Marra (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: Boyel in Blackbird DW
I am looking for birth or death or marrige records of my
great grandparents Elmer and Julia Boyel of Blackbird DW
How would I get this information, I am in CA
please reply to onetopol@yahoo.co
Thank you, Meira

LEE OXFORD (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2004 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: BEITH BEATH
I am looking for informatiuon regarding a James Beith who was 19 years of age in 1861. He served with the 9th NY Infantry, the 52 NY National Guard and the 48th NY Infantry during the Civil War. He was a POW in 1861 and 62. Of the remaining portions of the burned 1890 census, he is noted as living in Washington DC.

I am researching James Beith and 72 other men and boys captured in October 1861 in NC. Any information, particularly contact with any descendants, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lee Oxford
816 Outten Road
Salisbury, MD 21804
410-219-2662

Loxford@dmv.com

Dorothy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2004 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: BEITH/BEATH
Sorry, Lee,
I'm afraid I cannot help you with this. I have very little information on the Beith family. The only James Beith I have would have been born about 1867 and is a nephew of my ggrandmother. His father Daniel was born in Scotland and it appears they moved to the US after 1881. Perhaps to be with other relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.