Search for content in message boards

Wrights of Kirkwood, New Castle County Delaware

Wrights of Kirkwood, New Castle County Delaware

Posted: 9 May 2009 12:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been struggling with finding my ancestors of Herman Wright and Annie Ward. These are my maternal g-g-grandparents. Herman and Annie had a Clarence (?), Ethel, a Herman, Cooper, Beulah. My g-grandmother is Ethel, who married Roy G. Newton who is from Minnesota. They had Esther (my grandmother) Beulah Minnette, Eugene Waldo, and two siblings that past away at 1-2 years of age. All three of the living children migrated to Baltimore, Maryland. Thanks, Dana in MD

Re: Wrights of Kirkwood, New Castle County Delaware

Posted: 17 May 2009 2:50AM GMT
You may already have the 1900 census on this family showing the same children you mentioned i have a copy if you want it I take it as though you don't know who the parents of Herman Wright or Annie's parents name ? if so let me know I will try and help.

Posted: 17 May 2009 11:31AM GMT
I am assuming that there is no relation to you, and that you are another one of those friendly people, eager to help others. Yes, I did find the 1900 Census. Thanks for responding. I do not have any other information beyond Herman and Annie. If you know of any other ways to find these ancestors, let me know. Thank you again, Dana

Posted: 17 May 2009 3:26PM GMT
HI, your correct I am just someone trying to help out a fellow researcher . I will let you know if i find anything. Glenda

Posted: 17 May 2009 6:00PM GMT
HI Dana
I found something worth you looking at if you have not already seen it I found a marriage record in Delaware I have attached a copy for you let me know if this helps and if you feel I am heading in the right direction for you
Attachments:

Posted: 17 May 2009 6:02PM GMT
HI Dana
I found something worth you looking at if you have not already seen it I found a marriage record in Delaware I have attached a copy for you let me know if this helps and if you feel I am heading in the right direction for you
Attachments:

Posted: 17 May 2009 10:20PM GMT
For some reason, I couldn't open the attachment. Can you tell me who were the parties that were married, dates, etc. Maybe I can find it doing a search. I may start to look. I greatly appreciate people like you. Dana

Posted: 18 May 2009 12:15AM GMT
HI, the marriage record was found on ancestry I clicked on Marriage in Delaware 1744-1912 and typed in Herman Wright name and it showed that he indeed married another Wright I am going to try and attach the marriage record again, if it don't work it may let me email to you through your email address instead of here on ancestry but below is what it says: Word for word.

Marriage Record Vol 34 page 147

Know all Men by these Presents,

That we Herman Wright ,,, Erbin Grayham

are held and firly bound unto the State of Delaware in the sum of Two Hundred Dollars, lawfaul money of the sais State, to be paid to the said State of Delaware, to which payment well and truly to be made we bind ourselves and each of us, jointly and severally, our and each of our heirs, executors or administrators, firmly by these presents.
Sealed with our seals, and dated this Twenty Seventh day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighty-

THE CONDIITION OF THE ABOVE WRITTED OBLIGATOR IS SUCH

That if Herman Wright aforesaid and Annie Wright may lawfully unite themselves in marriage, and if there be no legal objections to celebrating the rites of marriage between them, then this obligation to celebrating the rites of marriage between them, then this obligation shall be void, otherwise to be and remain in force
Signed Sealed and Delivered In the Presence of
Herman Wright (his mark)
Eten Graham

P.S. if you notice the last name of Grayham is spelled one way at the beging and signed another way at the bottom , if you happen to have a home email let me know my email straight to me is stumpwater@cableone.net if you don't get the attachment this time... by what i can figure by looking at the marriage record I am to believe that Herman had a father name Herman now who the Graham is could it be Annie relative?
Attachments:

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 7:30PM GMT
I, too, am not related to this family. However have you looked into the following:

1. US WWI draft: Herman Wright Jr. b. 29 Sep 1893 Delaware
2. US WWII Draft: Martin Herman Wright b. 29 Sep 1893 Kirkwood Delawre

If the WWII record is the same Herman Wright Jr. in the WWI record, then the full name of the Herman Wright (Sr) may also be Martin Herman Wright.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.