Search for content in message boards

McLachlan in Glasgow

McLachlan in Glasgow

Claire McLachlan-Smith (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McLachlan, Dewar, Duncan
I'm looking for relatives of my grandfather's family in Glasgow, Lanarkshire. His name was George Duncan McLachlan, and he was the eldest son of George Duncan McLachlan and Euphemia Dewar. Both Georges were master tailors in Glasgow. The elder George was the son of Neil McLachlan and Mary Duncan. He was born in Calton, Glasgow in 1872. He had older siblings called Robert, Mary, James and Neil, some of whom were born in Greenock, where the parents were married in 1859. I'd like to hear from anyone else interested in this group of McLachlans in Glasgow. Thanks!

McLachlans in Glasgow

Caron McLachlan-Giliam (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McLachlan
I'm looking for information or relatives of my grandfather's family in Glasgow,Lanarkshire.His name was William Wight McLachlan and he was the eldest son of William Wight McLachlan and Ann Ferguson(not sure of her maiden name)as everyone called her Granny Mac.My grandfather(William Wight McLachlan)was the eldest of 8 children.Their names were William,John,Robert,Nellie,Sister,Barbara,Bella,Bobby.They emigrated to South Africa when my grandfather was a youngster(not sure exactly,about 1910 or later.)Thank You!

Re: McLachlans in Glasgow

Posted: 5 Feb 2002 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: McLachlan, MacLachlan, Cooper, Ross
My grandfather on my father's side was John Ross McLachlan. He was born in 1860 and married Mary Hamilton Cooper, b 1863. They were from Glasgow, Scotland. My father was James Cooper McLachlan b April 3, 1897. My great grandfather was Archibald McLachlan who married Anne Ross in Scotland. John Ross McLachlan was a Fireman in Glasgow. I don't know how many children were in his family or my great grandfather Archibald's. I have copies of pictures of both my grandparents on my father's side and a picture of my great great grandparents on his side. Could grandpa John be a brother of your relative?

Re: McLachlans in Glasgow

Posted: 12 Feb 2014 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: McLachlan, Goodwin, Tafts
I am trying to locate info on a Sarah Goodwin that married a William McLachlan on 12/20/1878 in Greenock,Scotland she died 3/23/1892 in Glasgow,Scotland

looking for any family thanks for any info
mary

Sarah is the daughter of Isaac Goodwin and Margaret Tafts
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.