Search for content in message boards

GEORGE ROBERT BENGE

GEORGE ROBERT BENGE

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: benge, bond
I need info on George Robert Benge born around 1881 to 1884 we think in dallas texas. that is what is on the census reports i have found. his parents, family, correct dob, ss#, and dod is unknown. he married alice bond born 1891 and they lived in fayetteville nc, oklahoma city, ok. he was a furniture salesman. can anyone look up a birth certificate for me? the last a family member heard from him was 2-1950 from memphis tn. just trying to find who his parents were, correct dob and info as to who he was.
thanks in advance,
sharon caldwell manning

Re: GEORGE ROBERT BENGE

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 3:04AM GMT
Classification: Query

Sharon,

Texas did not require births to be recorded until 1903. It is possible that George Robert Benge applied for a social security number at some point. The application would be on file in Baltimore and a search would cost about $30.00 without that number. The application would have his parents names, his place of birth, etc.

Have you tried to find a marriage record in Cumberland county, NC where Alice Bond was from ? Application for the license may have additional information on George. What about a newspaper article or announcement on the marriage about 1913, Alice stated she was 22 when she married; Margaret was born in 1915 and Robert in 1924 and appears another daughter in 1931 in Cumberland county.

He did not register for World War I draft.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.com | New Privacy | Cookies | New Terms and Conditions | Operated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.