Search for content in message boards

Mundorf of the 87th PA Inf

Mundorf of the 87th PA Inf

Dennis Brandt (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mundorf
Looking for info on Mt. Holly Springs, Cumberland County native Pvt. James Emanuel Mundorf, Company E, 87th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War. Mundorf was captured at the battle of Carter's Woods June 15, 1863, and imprisoned at Belle Isle, Richmond, Virginia. Born April 7, 1838, to Samuel and Lucinda Fahs Mundorf, this blacksmith and postmaster married Susan Emma Ziegler sometime prior to 1866. He died December 23, 1922.

James Emanuel Mundorf

Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Mundorf, Ziegler
James Emanuel Mundorf was my Great Grandfather. According to my records he married Susan Ziegler May 14,1865 at the First Reformed Church. I thought he died in 1927?

James Mundorf of the 87th

Anita Camplese (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MUNDORF, MUNDORFF, MONDORF, ZIEGLER
James Emanuel Mundorf is my gr-gr-grandfather. He was born April 7, 1838 according to his family bible, and died December 23, 1922 according to his headstone at Mt. Holly Springs Union Cemetery in Cumberland Co. He married Susan Emma Ziegler in May 1865 at First Reformed Church in York, Pa. She was the daughter of Samuel Ziegler and Charlotte Danner of York. James was a blacksmith and, in later life, became postmaster of Mt. Holly Springs. He was one of the 13 children of Samuel and Lucinda Mundorff and was born in Mt. Holly Springs. According to his bible, he and Susan had 9 children:
Alice Lillian Mundorf (August 1866) m. (1)C. Harry Dees, (2)Abraham Geddis/Gettis of Steelton.
Clara Augusta Mundorf (September 1868) m. Ephraim Royer
James Edwin Mundorf (March 7, 1870-November 1892)
Kempton Emanuel Mundorf (December 25, 1871) my gr-grandfather, m. Flora B. Miller of Alga
Mary Emma Mundorf (July 1, 1873)- no information on marriage
Jay Norman Mundorf (August 11, 1875) m. Emma Klopp
Eva Gertrude Mundorf (October 30, 1879) m. Elmer Heffelfinger
William Armit Mundorf (April 16, 1882) m. Alice Shaffer
Lula Mae Mundorf (May 3, 1884) m. Charles C. Gibb

Another child, Ruth Marie Mundorf (July 25, 1895-December 6, 1914), a granddaughter, lived with them. I do not know whose child this was but her birth and death are listed in her grandfather's bible, which is available at the Pennsylvania State Museum in Harrisburg. She is very clearly listed as a grandchild in both the bible and in subsequent federal census listings for 1900 and 1910.

Re: Mundorf of the 87th PA Inf

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: mundorf
I have seen this name James Emanual Mundorf before. I believe he was related to Kempton Emanuel Mundorf, who was my grandfather's adoptive father, from Mt. Holly Springs. I know who has extensive info. on this man. I can contact her for you. Let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 Ancestry.comPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.