Search for content in message boards

MN Swedes

MN Swedes

Rodney W. Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JANSSON, JOHNSON, LINDELL, LARSON, THOREN, CARLSON
I am trying to find more information on Swedish immigrants who moved to MN in the 1880's and later, especially around the Polk County/Beltrami County areas with the surnames of:
JANSSON, JOHNSON, LINDELL, LARSON, THOREN, CARLSON.
Specifically around the Fertile, Solway, Wilton, Bemidji areas. My grandfather Axel JANSSON/JOHNSON and his sister Carolina Lena JANSDOTTER both emigrated to Fertile/Solway areas in the 1880's. Axel married Hulda Olivia NELSON in 1891 in Fertile. Carolina Lena married John Axel OLSON/THOREN in 1885 in Fertile. I have 9 generations of information dating back to about 1655.

Swedes in MN

Jennifer Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Persson, Eriksdotter, Jansson, Johnson, Lindell, Larson, Carlson, Thoren
My ancestors came from Varmland and settled in MN during the 1870's and 80's. Several of the surnames you listed are also on my family tree which dates back to the early 1800's. My gggrandfather was Per Persson born in Wadje, Fryksande parish, Varmland, Sweden on March 04, 1826. I'm still researching who his father is.

MN Swedes

Rodney W. Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have several Per Persson's dating back to about 1655 but no Per Persson after Nov 25, 1790. I have nothing on Per from 1790 but it is quite possible he might be the father of your Per. My Per was the son of Per Caspersson, b. Nov 18, 1763 in Ullsberget, Norra Rada, Vårmland and Lisken Persdotter, b Dec 26, 1787 in Norra Rada, Vårmland. I have a cousin in Lund, Sweden who can possible verify (or not) this possibility. I have 9 generations that I will gladly share if this is a link. Not much is known about this family (there were 6 other siblings).

Per Persson - be careful!

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2002 11:18AM GMT
Per Persson is a very common name, maybe like John Smith? So, please, do not suppose that one Per Persson must belong to a specific Persson family without checking the proper church records. And do not believe that one Per Persson must related to all other Per Perssons, unless you have proof through the church records.

MN Lindell, Persson, Frisk, Flodin

Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lindell, Frisk, Flodin, Schelinder, Fox, Baskin, Johnson, Nordstrom
Would like details on your MN Lindells. 1 Frisk/Flodin of many homesteading Carlton Co., MN changed from Frisk to Lindell. Also have a Per Persson m. a Flodin (WI). Families from Dalsland & Sodermanland, Sweden

grandparents entry point

Nancy Siragusa (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Thoren
My grandparents entered the U.S. about 1893 or 94 and settled in the Glouster ,Mass. area. My grandfather was a stone cutter in some quary. My dad was born in 1894 and My grandmother died of scarlet fever 5 months later and not long after that my grandfather took my dad and his brother back to Sweden. That is all I know. My dads name was Ernst Gunnar Thoren.

names

Nancy Siragusa (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Thorbianson
does anyone know if the name of Thorbianson is a legitimate name? I think my family name of Thoren was changed from Thorbianson. That is what my dad thought. Does any one know that name?
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:11AM GMT
As to the surname of THOREN in our family, the father's name was Carl Olson. His family changed their name for some reason. Two or three changed to OLSON and one kept the patronymic surname of CARLSON. Three changed their surname to the local college of "Thosos" which made it THOREN, or so the family story goes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 2002-2014 AncestryPrivacyCookiesNew Terms and ConditionsOperated by Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.